DiPietro Sweepstakes

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

DiPietro Sweepstakes

Postby SurrealCivic on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm

It doesn't make sense to only get Brown and possibly a D (McEneny?) from WSR on this rumor of a (partial??) trade. MM has been pretty mum about all of this. Other deals involving junior players have been announced already. Makes me think there is more to what we see.
I know KIT does not want to deplete the cupboards. But I think everyone can see that we need a top goaltender to compete in the second half of the year, and especially in the playoffs with SSM.
MISS scored on the first shot of the game yesterday, and OS scored on the first shot of the game today. We need a solid, experienced, veteran goaltender to support our solid forwards and defencemen.

Therefore, my questions is. What do we have to give up to get DiPietro, Brown and more from WSR?

Raddysh and Sambrook just went to SSM for a 1st rounder (Fowler), five seconds, two thirds, and two sixths.

Damiani, Ladd, 4 seconds, two thirds, and more?
SurrealCivic

Re: DiPietro Sweepstakes

Postby Overager on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Do those of you who questioned my opinion that the Rangers need far more than two players to become contenders still think that I was wrong, particularly after watching our last two games? I realize that our goaltending was awful but ,apart from that, we only scored two goals. It's hard to win when you can't put the puck in the net. Hopefully we'll regroup and start scoring.
Overager

Postby Number65 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 pm

For those three, we'd likely be giving up at least that. And one of our goalies (simply to clear space).

We'd also need to make room for an overager. If ADB is not ready to play yet, he's likely done his CHL career.
Number65

Postby Taychuck on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:51 pm

I think it's unfair to blame everything that went wrong on Friday evening strictly on McGonigle. First goal was totally screened and as our top notch coach said, Bunneman screwed up on the boards. to give them the shot. The 2nd was the PP goal on a stupid penalty by Sherwood (who has cooled off substantially not just in the scoring department but his physicality too) and I think the third was also not his fault. The short rebound (which is his weakes part of his game) he gave up happened to land right on the wrong stick and one I think went off of Stanley's foot to, again the wrong guy. It in some ways was a coming out not ready to play and an unlucky bounce game, IMO.

I'm watching the Guelph / SSM game and just said I'd rather have Schnarr than Smith as he is younger and from the times I've seen him, a similar style. Smith is a loose cannon sometimes and spends more time in the box than on the ice although that tamed down some.

I know we have to give up something to get something but I'd hate to see Ladd or York go as they have great upsides on the backend.

I am so tired of the perfect set-up always having to be the approach of alot of our players. You never score if you don't shoot. Prime example is the goal that went off McGonigles arm yesterday and the guy was well below the goal line!. Shoot the puck!
Taychuck

Postby Number65 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Brown says we're not bidding for Dipietro.

If not him, then we'd better pick up someone else. Because if Josh Unice wasn't seen as good enough in 2008 (even though he ended up winning the title after Mason's injury), then none of the goalies we have now is going to do the job that we need done.
Number65

Postby LoneRanger on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Everybody needs to forget about DiPietro...he's not going anywhere this year
LoneRanger

Postby Eagle Vision on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Any chances of Niagara parting with one of their netminders? There's not enough games to split between those two. I still like Dylan Wells, I get the idea that Peterborough would want Richardson in return, to be honest, I wish that we could have both & see who wants to be starter most. There seems to be a dearth of quality goaltending in the OHL this season . . . . and for this reason, I predict the OHL champs could be chumps @ the Memorial Cup.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Number65 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Mario Culina for an 8th rounder: Perhaps not THE answer in goal, but at least AN answer.

That gives us 5 OAs.
Number65

Postby Eagle Vision on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:24 pm

I like it. I was kind of thinking where were we when Culina was willing to come back to the OHL???

I reality he and Richardson cannot play at the same time, while on the same team, and for the last month or so, they effectively have been.

Good pickup, gives us two good options in goal, that's it that's all you can realistically expect, and the Windsor Spitfires' reunion continues . . . .

Carter, Culina, Stanley, Brown and McEneny.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Eagle Vision on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:31 pm

There are signficantly more 15-16 Windsor Spitfires in Kitchener than there are in Windsor at this point in time.

Eagle Vision

Return to RangersRush Interactive