It's Finally Official...Rangers/Spits Trade

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Re: It's Finally Official...Rangers/Spits Trade

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 am

You know for a team that doesn't do anything right in the eyes of Overager, it's amazing that they are in first place in their division and have the 3rd most points in the league at the moment.

LOL
JEF

Postby Toadman on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 am

JEF wrote:You know for a team that doesn't do anything right in the eyes of Overager, it's amazing that they are in first place in their division...

I'm surprised OA wasn't already deriding MM on here for letting Cedric Schiemenz get away after CS got 2 assists in his debut with the Spits last night :!: ... no Rangers averaging 2 points per game, etc, etc :roll:
Toadman

Postby Overager on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:28 am

Wow! Averaging two points per game based on one game. Now, that's using stats to make a point! That reminds me of a Blue Jay fan who told me a few years ago that the Jays ended in fourth place. They did;in their five team division. Overall they ended in 11th place out of 15 teams.
Overager

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm

OA

Regarding Toadman's Post.

Please look up sarcasm in you dictionary.
JEF

Postby Sideliner on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:20 am

Just noticed on the HF board a post thanks to Rangers True Blue. Last night former Rangers Elijah Roberts got a hat trick and Cole Carter got 2 goals and 2 assists. Congrats to these two guys.
Sideliner

Postby Sideliner on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am

Number65 wrote:For comparison, here are the current stats on London's 2017 draft class:

Round 1: Lucas Rowe C 19 games played. 0 points
Round 2: Andrew Perrott D 35 games played. 4 points
Round 3: Dalton Duhart C/LW 17 games played. 1 point
Round 5: Liam Whittaker D 1 game played. 1 point

And, from the 2016 draft:

Round 1: Liam Foudy C 35 games played. 11 points
Round 2: Billy Moskal C 38 games played. 7 points
Round 4: Richard Whittaker LW 30 games played. 5 points
Round 4: Alec Regula D 40 games played. 11 points
Round 8: Jordan Kooy G 14 games played 3.03 GAA

Compare that to Villati, Damiani, Guest, York, Ladd, Petizian and what we've yet to see from Vujokevic.

Man, I've got to admit, you've opened my eyes on this one 65. Comes as a complete surprise to me. I confess that I've posted how dissatisfied I was with this past draft by the Rangers. However Ladd was showing some great poise and good improvement over the last month, and I originally thought drafting MJ in the 2nd round was a complete wasted pick, but here he is. Also, Petizian is a solid little guy with some skill and Tresoor may be a player in the Ranger's future plans. Things are starting to look up and I may have to say I'm glad to be wrong here.

I think this coming draft is supposed to be stronger than last year, and Kitchener has the extra 2nd round pick, I believe. If they play their cards right and draft well, MM and company could shorten the rebuild cycle after this season. Getting the players they got at the deadline while still managing to hold onto the cornerstones (in my opinion) Vallati and Damiani will be huge going forward....I would think.
Sideliner

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm

We keep hearing that Logan Brown is still not with the club. I'm wondering if he wants to be with the club? Is he receiving therapy in Ottawa or is he home resting? Can't he do therapy in Kitchener? I think Logan is a skilled,big hockey player who tends to be injured a lot. I'm feeling uneasy about this.
Overager

Postby EchoThree on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Overager wrote:We keep hearing that Logan Brown is still not with the club. I'm wondering if he wants to be with the club? Is he receiving therapy in Ottawa or is he home resting? Can't he do therapy in Kitchener? I think Logan is a skilled,big hockey player who tends to be injured a lot. I'm feeling uneasy about this.

I had heard that since he is property of the Senators, they were overseeing his recovery from his injury and he is using the assets of the Senators (doctors, therapists, etc) to ensure a full recovery. There has been ZERO suggestion that Logan will not join the Rangers.
EchoThree

Previous

Return to RangersRush Interactive