It's Finally Official...Rangers/Spits Trade

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

It's Finally Official...Rangers/Spits Trade

Postby LoneRanger on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 pm

To Kitchener: Logan Brown and overage dman Austin McEneny

To Windsor: Grayson Ladd plus 2nd in 2018..2nd in 2019..3rd in 2018..5th in 2019
LoneRanger

Re: It's Finally Official...Rangers/Spits Trade

Postby JEF on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:51 pm

LR, thanks for this, and thanks for waiting to announce it. You might just have the respect of OA lol.
JEF

Postby Toadman on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 pm

I guess Ladd is equivalent currency to 3x2nds (...by the Tortora scale) that we'd have to ante up otherwise and we still have York and quite possibly Vukojevic going forward. Did we utilize whatever value our updatable 2nd round pick condition from the Bracco trade held I wonder?

Hendo or ADB leaving very shortly then I guess ... both of whom have been our best puckstopper at times this year :roll:
Toadman

Postby Overager on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 pm

From where can we get a goaltender? I'm assuming that the kid from the Quebec league will be released and I don't think we can rely on the other two.
Overager

Postby Eagle Vision on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 pm

I won't name names, but someone on this forum, spoke to me about Cam Dineen about 5 week's back.

My response was that I really, really like Dineen, but I think that the Battalion will demand a king's ransom in exchange.

I didn't see it happening if the asking price was as I had thought. Would like him at less, but not likely to happen.

McEneny, I like just as much as Dineen. He's a different defender, and probably underrated as much as Bouchard in London. Very excited to have him on board and also excited to get a big center in here, two thumbs up on this deal!! I think that despite the fact that McEneny is an OA, we just picked him up for the same price as Dineen and Brown just happens to be included (I realize that Brown is the cornerstone to this deal, but I see McEneny being every bit as important as a Ben Shutron.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby LoneRanger on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Toadman wrote: Did we utilize whatever value our updatable 2nd round pick condition from the Bracco trade held I wonder?

that condition was waved....we keep the 2025 pick from the Bracco deal
LoneRanger

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 am

ADB came to Kitchener with a history of injuries (from what I remember) and he will leave because of an injury. Teams in the Quebec league were not interested in him and there must have been a reason.
Overager

Postby Eagle Vision on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 am

Well . . . the dead is done. But I do not believe that we're done dealing.

We are overstocked up front to the likes I've never seen before, we were overstocked with Garreffa moving back up front, and now we've just added two forwards without giving up any roster forwards.

Current depth chart and projected lines (when Brown is healthy of course):

Sherwood-Brown-Mascherin
Smith-Hugg-Damiani
Liska-Garreffa-Bunnanman
Henderson-Meireles-Carter

Leaving: Petizian, Guest, McHugh, and Yantsis all out of the lineup with everyone healthy. I like depth, but someone's gotta be on the move!!

Also, did you know (even more foreign than a Slovakian Christmas):

In the US, Chesterfield is a place that Logan Brown is from. In Canada - it's a thing that he sits on. (The more you know!!)
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Eagle Vision on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 am

Jonathan Ang just got traded. As pesky as Smith is, I would have liked to have seen Ang as a Ranger given the what we would have had to pay. Surprisingly Ang has nearly 5 times as many penalty minutes this season. Hope Smith can prove me wrong, his size up front will most definitely be welcomed.

Eagle Vision

Postby Sideliner on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Eagle Vision wrote:

Also, did you know (even more foreign than a Slovakian Christmas):

In the US, Chesterfield is a place that Logan Brown is from. In Canada - it's a thing that he sits on. (The more you know!!)

Actually if you Google it, you'll find that Chesterfield is also a hamlet in Ontario. As a matter of fact it's only 3 miles west of where I live. There were around 150 people that lived there in the late 1800's, but nobody today. Only the church remains. Probably not enough happening there for him to feel at home :)
Sideliner

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 am

Hopefully Logan Brown will be all that some are expecting. Granted, he puts up good numbers WHEN HEALTHY. Last year he dressed for only 35 games during the regular season and only 7 playoff games where he had 4 assists.Not exactly high-end numbers. Was he also injured during the playoffs? Logan was again injured during the world juniors this year.I do hope that Logan performs at the level many fans (including myself) are expecting or for which we are hoping. And,please. This is not being negative but simply a look at his numbers.
Overager

Postby EchoThree on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Windsor only played 7 playoff games as they lost to London in the first round. Memorial Cup games are not factored into OHL stats.

Brown has 24 points in 15 games this season. Unfortunately it is impossible to predict future injuries so we will just have to wait and see what happens.
EchoThree

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Echo-I forgot that Windsor was eliminated in the first round last year and,thus, Brown only played in 7 games. My bad memory. I do hope he recovers and remains healthy.
When I think of the trade with Windsor last year that sent Bracco to Windsor I cringe. Yes, we got some picks in return but we certainly didn't get much in terms of players.Burns and Carter. No ,we didn't get Stanley. That was a separate deal. Burns played half a year and retired. Carter has now been traded to Mississauga for three draft picks and unless MM revamps our scouting staff picks are useless.
Overager

Postby memcup on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:35 pm

"picks are useless" ????
on the contrary. They're currency like bit coins....you can't see them (play) they have no physical appearance but they can buy you a guy.
Example:

Sam Miletic & SBY 3 2018

PBO 2 2018
NIAG 3 2022
NIAG 2 2024
NIAG 2 2025
memcup

Postby Taychuck on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm

I think what OA means is that if you don't have successful scouts and you end up drafting dolts or good players that won't report, then, really, what good are picks?

I never ceases to amaze me that all the kids that played minor hockey in Kitchener-Waterloo that are drafted and successful on other teams but we never seem to see the vision in these kids.

I'm sure one would have to go back and see, for example when Hague was drafted who we got that year / draft order etc. and compare their value to their respective teams.

Washkurak is another example. He used to come to our church so I'd see him as a little kid growing up and knew he was pretty successful in WMH....where is he? Not in Kitchener!
Taychuck

Next

Return to RangersRush Interactive