Culina for a 8th

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Culina for a 8th

Postby pokey on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:06 pm

This can not be the answer?!?? I’m hoping MM has a part 2 to this deal. Like...we will give you Cormier or Wells for X player and picks but we need a goalie in return. Does this burn a card or does a player have to play a game to burn a card? This better not be it on the goalie situation.
pokey

Re: Culina for a 8th

Postby Number65 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 pm

I think Culina is an upgrade. There aren't too many great goalies in the league this year, and they (Villalta and Dipietro) simply aren't available to us (or anyone). We probably should have gone after Raaymakers instead of ADB, but who knew that he'd end up being concussed.
Number65

Postby EchoThree on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Looking at his stats, especially from previous years, he is probably a bit of an upgrade over Richardson. I assume they will let those two fight it out to be the #1 goalie.

I’m pretty sad if this means Henderson leaves the team....but it pretty much does unless they are using Culina to make another trade somewhere. Hendo was a heart-and-soul guy who could block shots better than almost anyone.

ADB is gone for sure. No way they are getting rid of Sherwood or McEneny.
EchoThree

Postby Number65 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Can we combine Sherwood's skill with Hendo's heart and work ethic?
Number65

Postby SurrealCivic on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 pm

This is very sad for Rangers Nation -- the loss of Hendo. And especially sad because we lose Hendo due to adding a CIS goalie. Just stating the facts. I haven't seen the guy play, I'm sure he's a great goalie and a great kid. But I can't see this working out any good for the team in April when we have to play London, Sarnia, SSM. Lets hope we can get past the first round.
SurrealCivic

Postby Number65 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 am

Number65

Postby Eagle Vision on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 am

SurrealCivic wrote:This is very sad for Rangers Nation -- the loss of Hendo. And especially sad because we lose Hendo due to adding a CIS goalie. Just stating the facts. I haven't seen the guy play, I'm sure he's a great goalie and a great kid. But I can't see this working out any good for the team in April when we have to play London, Sarnia, SSM. Lets hope we can get past the first round.

He's fine. If Culina was not unfortunate enough to be on a team with DiPietro he would have put up some really special numbers himself. I like him lots more than a number of goalie's that we've had of late, not a John Gibson, but to me there's not much between him and other post-DeBoer netminders.

I realize that few will be sad to see McGonigle leave. I really wanted to see him succeed, I think that he a lot of heart, and I was really pulling for him. I don't think that in hockey people should get the bad bounces that he did and wish him the absolute best going forward.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Number65 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Henderson and a tenth round pick to North Bay for an eighth round pick. That's pretty good, considering teams with an OA spot could have just waited until surplus players were put on waivers.

Best of luck, Jake.
Last edited by Number65 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number65

Postby Number65 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Speaking of waivers, Cedric Schiemenz has been picked up by the Spitfires, who opened up an import spot over the weekend. He's been playing in Germany all year.
Number65

Return to RangersRush Interactive