CONFIRMED : Jake Henderson to North Bay....

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

CONFIRMED : Jake Henderson to North Bay....

Postby KnightHawk on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:56 pm

As per Media Notes page on the OHL site:

Henderson and a 10th in 2021 to North Bay for a 8th in 2019.

Here's what interesting, though:

The Battalion acquired Braeden Henderson in the deal on Saturday that brought Cam Dineen to Sarnia.

All they would need to do is acquire Eric Henderson from the Generals for the hat-trick. :P

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $109.00
Voltigeurs = $53.00
Side Bets = $11.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on February 17th) = $173.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Re: CONFIRMED : Jake Henderson to North Bay....

Postby Number65 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:17 pm

After ADB went down, Henderson was probably the best puck-stopper we had.

It was a foregone conclusion, but Opilka and ADB have now been officially released.
Number65

Postby EchoThree on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Really enjoyed watching him play for these few years. Too bad he didn't go to a real contender. Hopefully he can at least help NB make the playoffs this season, they are in a dogfight for 6/7/8/9th places in the east.
EchoThree

Postby Overager on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:47 pm

While I accept the fact that Henderson was probably a nice young man who tried his best while with the Rangers it was evident last year that he would be a weak overage player. Yes, he probably stopped more shots that our two goalies seldom,if ever,do teams keep an overager for the purpose of blocking shots. It was simply a case that based on the players who would be returning from last year's team Henderson was probably our best forward although, based on his stats, we should have known that he would contribute little offensively. I do, however, wish him the best in the future and thank him for his contributions.
Overager

Postby Eagle Vision on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 pm

I shouldn't say this now that he's gone, but I really, really wish that Jake would be a little selfish and step a little outside his comfort zone and become a scorer. For those that remember, there's a man on the Rangers' bench named Brandon Merli. He worked very hard as a youngster and in his rookie season, I distinctly remember him spending more time in the penalty box serving minors than actually on the ice. He was not the prolific shot-blocker that Jake Henderson is, but he was a plugger. The difference was that he decided to go into business for himself a little and start really working on being a plugger but also getting on the scoresheet. (I'm not calling Merli or anyone else selfish).

Merli had a 23-goal season as a 19-year-old. I actually think that Henderson actually has more raw skill than Merli ever had, but due to confidence, etc, it's not being exploited or encouraged or he's not coming out of his shell as much. I really wish that he would explode and do what I know he's capable of out there. Best wishes. Nice guy, fantastic family. it almost hurts saying that a guy who's that selfless is capable of much more, but I honestly believe it.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby JEF on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Jake will be missed. He created a lot of space for Bunnaman and Damiani. Always worked hard every shift. Great guy in the dressing room and in the community. It isn't just about goals and assists. He's going to be a fan favourite in North Bay and will likely have a bigger role there because of the selling trades they've made.
JEF

Return to RangersRush Interactive