Michael Vukojevic Signed!

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Michael Vukojevic Signed!

Postby JEF on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 pm

This is HUGE!

The Kitchener Rangers announced today that defenceman Michael Vukojevic (pronounced: Voo-KOY-ah-veech) has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the Club.

The 16-year-old, Oakville, ON native was the 2nd round, 33rd overall pick by the Rangers in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection. He spent the early part of this season with the Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL, registering two points and was a +4 with 21 penalty minutes in 12 games played.

Prior to being selected by the Rangers in this past spring’s draft, the 6’3”, 212lb rearguard was a member of the GTHL’s Mississauga Rebels. During the 2016-17 campaign, he registered 11 goals and 24 assists for 35 points in 51 regular season games played.

In the 2017 OHL Cup, Vukojevic registered a trio of assists in his team’s five games played.

“We would like to welcome Michael to Kitchener and into the Rangers family,” said general manager Mike McKenzie. “We are very excited Michael has chosen to continue his junior hockey career with us. He has all the tools to become a special player in this league and we look forward to seeing him develop and grow on and off the ice here in Kitchener.

Interview here: http://kitchenerrangers.com/video/rangers-vision-michael-vukojevic-signing

Michael Vukojevic (Voo-KOY-ah-veech)

Number: 51
Hometown: Oakville, ON
Birthdate: June 8, 2001
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 212
Position: D
Shoots: L
JEF

Re: Michael Vukojevic Signed!

Postby Sideliner on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Awesome. I'll be the first to admit on being skeptical on picking him so high when it was quite evident at the time that he wasn't going to show. I don't mind being wrong here one bit.
Sideliner

Postby Number65 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Players who didn't initially report:

John Gibson
Jeremy Bracco
Justin Bailey
Ryan McInnis
Nick Magyar
Matt Auffrey
Victor Oreskovich

Sure, there are others -- like Charlie McAvoy, Scott Mayfield and Adam Fox -- that never report, but I think it's always worth a shot in making these picks. Even the mighty Knights don't convince every one of their picks to come to the OHL.
Number65

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm

So, OA high end, elite players do want to play in Kitchener.
JEF

Postby Overager on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm

JEF- I guess they do (or did) but,do you really consider Nick Magyar an elite player?
Overager

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Stick to the issue.

You've said we couldn't get "elite" players to come here. I think you used Rippon as evidence. Rippon appears to be a problem child as his recent trade to Ottawa suggests.

Vukojevic is definitely an elite player. He's signed.

Magyar was a 12th round draft pick (239th overall) He was taken 93rd overall in the 4th round by Colorado in 2014.
JEF

Return to RangersRush Interactive