New lineup

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

New lineup

Postby Number65 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 pm

It's time to play Coach the Rangers for a Day! Design your own line combinations and D-pairings.

Here's my take on what the new lineup might/should look like:

Mascherin-Brown-Sherwood
Hugg-Gareffa-Liska
Bunnaman-Damiani-Smith
McHugh-Mereiles-Guest/Yantsis

Petizian will likely draw in only in the event of injuries.

Stanley-McEneny
Hall-Villati
Vukojevic-York/Gentles

McEneny and York are our only right handed shots. Peterson will likely be in the press box unless someone gets hurt.

Power Play

Mascherin-Brown-Bunnaman
Gareffa-Sherwood

Second Unit

Damiani-Mereiles-Smith
Stanley-Villati

Penalty Killers

Damiani-Bunnaman
Stanley-McEneny

Second Unit

Mereiles-McHugh
Hall-Villati
Number65

Re: New lineup

Postby EchoThree on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 pm

My choices:

Mascherin-Brown-Sherwood
Bunnaman-Damiani-Liska
Hugg-Garreffa-Smith
McHugh-Mereiles-Yantsis

Guest/Petizian sub in for Yantsis occasionally, but I like Yantsis’ big body and work on the boards, even if he’s not a scorer.

Stanley-Villati
Hall-McEneny
Gentles-Vukojevic/York

My thoughts on forwards:
- Damiani and Bunnaman are probably our best two-way forwards. Use that line against the other team’s top line.
- If Garreffa and Smith have chemistry they could be very effective offensively as a third line
- Mereiles always shows energy coming down the wing but hasn’t produced much in terms of goals
- McHugh/Mereiles need to be kept fresh for PK duty, especially with Hendo gone
- I have not been impressed by Hugg so far. He’s OK along the boards but has no scoring touch at all. Not even sure how to slot him, to be honest
- overall we’ve got at least 9 very strong forwards which is good depth

My thoughts on D-men
- I like the Stanley/Villati pairing so I kept it
- Stanley needs to show more fire - he seems too lackadaisical out there. Hope that changes into the playoffs.
- Vallati is my favourite D-man on the team - good in his own zone and opportunistic on offense as needed
- Gentles is not my favourite but he’s less of a wildcard than the rookies so I would tend to dress him instead of 2 rookies in any given game
- we need to try and play all 6 D-men in the regular season to keep guys fresh. Then once the playoffs come we can adjust to have more experience get more ice time as needed. That season where Spott played Sol and Murphy for 30+ minutes each game comes to mind. Then they ran out of gas in the playoffs.
EchoThree

Return to RangersRush Interactive