Kitchener 5, London 1

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Kitchener 5, London 1

Postby Number65 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 pm

It doesn't matter where we are in the standings and where they are in the standings, beating the Knights is always special.

Culina, Smith, and McEneny looked great. Strong games from everyone tonight.
Number65

Re: Kitchener 5, London 1

Postby Number65 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Some things never change: In a 5-1 loss, the Knights star-pickers name their goal scorer as 2nd star (ahead of Mascherin with a goal and an assist, and ignoring Culina, who stopped three breakaways and Liska, who had two assists). :lol:
Number65

Postby EchoThree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Winning in London is sweet no matter the circumstances. A few sloppy plays to clean up for Saturday, especially giving up those breakaways. Nice to see Smith get a goal in his first game with the Rangers, and Culina played well. Having a goalie who can save some breakaways is huge (not that Richardson can’t on occasion).

I’d say this is Culina’s job to lose at this point. I presume they will split the goalies on Sat/Sun. Personally I would play Culina against Saginaw and start Richardson against London.
EchoThree

Postby Toadman on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 am

EchoThree wrote:I’d say this is Culina’s job to lose at this point.

Hope so, Culina played a great game last night on fairly light overall action. Still, it was the sort of game where the pre-trade team might have gone to OT. Somehow having a good, mature tender has to help Luke (& Chris), either through driving them in hope of getting back into games or (along with better defense) simply removing the pressure that it's all on them. We just need to eliminate those games where we were suddenly beat down by 3-4 soft goals in the first and we'll be ok.
Toadman

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Thought the Rangers played well at times and sloppy at others. Probably put that down to the number of changes in the lineup. Always good to beat the Knights.
Medway Bear

Return to RangersRush Interactive