London at Kitchener

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

London at Kitchener

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 am

I think this was a game that the Rangers should have won,with ease.We had enough chances around their net to score 5 or 6 goals. Yes, their goalie played well but we made him look far better than he is by shooting consistently from low percentage areas where we hit the goalie or missed the net. For whatever reason we seemed to be shooting from the side and not taking advantage of the area in front of the net. Maybe we were simply tired or overanxious to get shots away.Not often can players find an opening from that "narrow angle." We'll get them next time.
Overager

Re: London at Kitchener

Postby Number65 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 am

Disappointing, to be sure, but we were clearly the better team.

A bad clearing attempt and a missed assignment led to their two goals. We could have had ten if Kooy wasn't so hot, if he hadn't kept getting away with dislodging the net when under pressure (oops), and if the puck hadn't bounced over our sticks repeatedly (was our freezer not working?).

Also, the officiating was pretty bad. Blindsiding from the from. Offsetting roughing penalties when Moskal took a roundhouse swing and Stanley did nothing. A penalty to Sherwood that should have been offset with one to Regula. It kind of sapped our momentum, even if they never took full advantage.

Looking forward to better results on Wednesday and beyond. And, I can't wait to see Brown in the lineup.
Number65

Postby memcup on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm not sure the puck freezer even exists. Most games the pucks resembles a lacrosse ball. Last night on the opening faceoff there was no winner. The ref bounced that thing 3 feet in the air and it bounced once more before settling down.

As for the game, Kooy did a great job of covering the lower half of the net. The Rangers had little to shot at. Richardson played a good game too. Its obvious the Hunter game plan is to get Stanley and Hall in the box. Players staying engaged with Hall and Stanley long after the play goes down the ice. Carbonara may be gone but the game didn't change.
memcup

Postby JEF on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 am

Trying to get Hall and Stanley in the box was definitely a plan. Hall is showing much more discipline, but if you push him, he's going to push back.

There is a freezer for the pucks. It's in the walk way between the penalty boxes. I've seen the attendant get them from it when a puck goes out of play.
JEF

Postby EchoThree on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am

There was an old-timers hockey tournament at the Aud this past weekend. Some big boys out there carving up the Aud ice. So I'm not surprised the ice was beat up on Sunday night.
EchoThree

Postby Number65 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

EchoThree wrote:There was an old-timers hockey tournament at the Aud this past weekend. Some big boys out there carving up the Aud ice. So I'm not surprised the ice was beat up on Sunday night.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Number65

Return to RangersRush Interactive