Rangers @ London - Tues Jan 23

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Rangers @ London - Tues Jan 23

Postby EchoThree on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Rangers will be missing Vallati who is going to the Top Prospects game. Knights will be missing Bouchard and Foudy for the same reason. One would think since it is in Guelph on Thursday they could still play tonight but apparently not.

Hopefully the Rangers can repeat the success they had last time at Bud Gardens!
EchoThree

Re: Rangers @ London - Tues Jan 23

Postby Overager on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 pm

I know that the three star selections don't mean anything to London fans ( as long as Knight players get all three or at least two) but again, London got two even though they lost the game. I agree with the two goaltenders but would have expected Smith with 2 goals to get the third star but,as usual, it was a toss up between Formington and Hunter's new grandchild.I guess I shouldn't be upset , understanding where it was played, but you would think that the league would speak to whomever does the selections in London. I suppose there is no accounting for lack of class and London leads the league in that department.
Overager

Postby EchoThree on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:54 am

I just ignore the 3 stars when the Rangers play road games.

Nice win by the team, in previous years any game that went to OT against London would be an almost guaranteed loss. Richardson looked good all the way through this game, hard to blame him for the 2 goals that were mostly due to defensive lapses (especially the one where Hall passed it directly to Formenton). And he stood very tall in the shootout stopping all 5 shooters he faced.

Givani Smith has that killer instinct that will be so important when the playoffs come around.
EchoThree

Postby Taychuck on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 pm

I don't think it was Hall even though the bozos on the TV kept saying that....you can thank # 23 for that gift, Formenton.
Taychuck

Postby EchoThree on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Taychuck wrote:I don't think it was Hall even though the bozos on the TV kept saying that....you can thank # 23 for that gift, Formenton.

Funny because when it happened I was sure it was Mascherin, but they kept saying Hall so I believed them...my mistake!

I thought Mascherin was especially poor in his own end last night. Whenever he was on the ice in the third period and the puck came into the Rangers zone I was worried. I know he brings a lot of offense (obviously) but when the game is tied late I'd still rather have Damiani/Bunnaman (or almost any other forward!) on the ice. Damiani is getting an absolute ton of ice time late in close games because he can win draws, and the coaches really trust him in defensive situations. I still can't believe he's ranked so low for the NHL draft.
EchoThree

Postby Taychuck on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 pm

I held off making comments about Mascherin's apparent disinterest in playing most of the ice again last night. Notice I didn't say ALL of the ice. He made me nervous every time he touched the puck and I'm sorry but have you ever seen anyone cough up the puck as much as Stanley? He holds onto the puck too long and ends up putting it right on someone's stick etc. and plays that should be easy become difficult.

I was pleased with Hall's control as opposed to the 2-1 loss in Kitchener to London. He only became untangled towards the end of the game last night.

I thought that we looked tired and not ready, especially in the 1st which would make sense with the games we've played in the past 6 days and some of the boys appeared overworked near the end of the game.
Taychuck

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:10 pm

When London last played in Kitchener Jfaclowns (or something like that) commented on "the clowns doing the broadcasting" (in Kitchener) as if the two from London set the standard to which all commentators should aspire. The fans from London should take a closer look at their own on air"cheer leaders."It's funny how everything in London is perceived to be perfect.I recall how, a few year's ago, a "chubby little coach" had his drunk driving charge dismissed or dropped but it had nothing to do with his status in the community. REALLY ! The Justice Dept probably made a mistake and the Knight's fans wouldn't have seen anything wrong with this. Clowns only reside in other cities; not in London.
Overager

Return to RangersRush Interactive