Weekend games: Hamilton, @OS

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Weekend games: Hamilton, @OS

Postby EchoThree on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Should be a good contest tonight. Robert Thomas is suspended for Hamilton (and will also be out for our game against them next week) for a nasty slash vs Peterborough last night.

Josh Brown says Joey Garreffa is on D tonight, and Mereiles won’t be back this weekend. Maybe next Friday if all goes well.
EchoThree

Re: Weekend games: Hamilton, @OS

Postby memcup on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 am

MARIO!!!!!!
He's responsible for this win. He says ,post game, the team played well in front of him. I say otherwise.
He made some fantastic saves.
I also believe if you're a Ranger and Brown gives you the puck you better be shooting because he seems to always find the right guy....... like Brady looking at all possible receivers and finding the right guy. (for the record I'm not a Patriots fan)
memcup

Postby Overager on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 pm

I agree with memcup. In my opinion we were outplayed by Hamilton who were missing Robert Thomas; a big factor. We did win the game but, as memcup pointed out, our goaltender was largely responsible.I realize that he is part of the team and he did his job well. The rest of the team was suspect.They led us in shots,puck possession , and scoring chances. We led them in saves (and goals.)
Overager

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Last night was one of those ugly wins. Thought the better team lost, but good teams find a way to win even when they don't play well. They lost the lead twice and soon came back and re-took the lead. Sign of a good team. One thing that does concern me is that they are turning into a one line team.
Medway Bear

Postby Kemosabe on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Medway Bear wrote:. One thing that does concern me is that they are turning into a one line team.

I haven't been to a few games are they still playing four lines? Or are we playing one line with the others spotted in here and there?
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Medway Bear on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Kemosabe wrote:
Medway Bear wrote:. One thing that does concern me is that they are turning into a one line team.

I haven't been to a few games are they still playing four lines? Or are we playing one line with the others spotted in here and there?

Still playing 4 lines, but the majority of the scoring is coming from one line, at least that's how it seems to me.
Medway Bear

Postby Overager on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:58 am

Our lack of depth was evident in these last two games. Can we compete against the top teams? Sadly, I think not.
Overager

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Overager wrote:Our lack of depth was evident in these last two games. Can we compete against the top teams? Sadly, I think not.

Playoffs bring a whole new dimension to a teams compete level. I'm not worried.
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Postby Toadman on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Overager wrote:Our lack of depth was evident in these last two games. Can we compete against the top teams? Sadly, I think not.

We'll see the next time we play the top two, Soo & Sarnia, though both have recently lost to bottom-dweller Flint. For now ... we did just beat Hamilton, the 3rd seed in the OHL.

Kemosabe wrote:Still playing 4 lines, but the majority of the scoring is coming from one line, at least that's how it seems to me.

For sure, but it's a pretty exceptional line and could improve. Seems we're still experimenting with the other lines and filling for injuries, flu, etc but there have still been contributions and the PK has been perfection of late. I think we look strong for shorter bench, playoff hockey and we could have a scoring line, speed line and thump line that challenges anyone.

memcup wrote:MARIO!!!!!! He's responsible for this win.

Mario has been a great addition and kept us in every game started. Richardson has looked sharper and played strong in several games lately (esp. vs LDN in OT) but he's not consistently successful and probably has to assume the backup role shortly.
Toadman

Return to RangersRush Interactive