McEneny Suspended . . .

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

McEneny Suspended . . .

Postby Eagle Vision on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Not a huge shocker here, aside from the fact that there was no called infraction on the play.

Austin McEneny gets a pair of games for biting.

I guess I'm surprised that it happened to Moore and not fellow-former Firebird: Will Bitten.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Re: McEneny Suspended . . .

Postby Toadman on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Eagle Vision wrote:Not a huge shocker here, aside from the fact that there was no called infraction on the play. Austin McEneny gets a pair of games for biting.

Perhaps it's just me but ... I'm shocked :roll:

So tomorrow’s D looks like what???

Garreffa - Vallati
Vukojevic - Gentles
Peterson - Claude Rains :lol:
Toadman

Postby Medway Bear on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:29 am

Toadman wrote:
Eagle Vision wrote:Not a huge shocker here, aside from the fact that there was no called infraction on the play. Austin McEneny gets a pair of games for biting.

Garreffa - Vallati
Vukojevic - Gentles

This D doesn't fill me with hope.

I guess you can add this suspension to the list of dumb penalties in the Hamilton game. It will be interesting to see the discipline of the team going forward.
Medway Bear

Postby Eagle Vision on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am

Toadman wrote:

Garreffa - Vallati
Vukojevic - Gentles

Add Jack York - I don't think anything happened to him . . . . yet.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Kemosabe on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:47 am

Here is what the GM had to say!

:McKenzie said forward Bulldog Ryan Moore crashed the Kitchener crease after a whistle in Saturday's game and then got his glove up in McEneny's mouth during a scrum."

"It's a little strange," said the GM. "If your hand goes into somebody's mouth you're probably going to come into contact with teeth. We trust the league's judgment if they feel it warranted a suspension. There is no room for biting in the game."
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Kemosabe on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am

Toadman wrote:Perhaps it's just me but ... I'm shocked :roll:

Garreffa - Vallati
Vukojevic - Gentles

The Rangers have called up defenceman Alex Peterson from the Elmira Sugar Kings to help, and plan to go with five rearguards in Wednesday's tilt.
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Toadman on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Medway Bear wrote:Add Jack York - I don't think anything happened to him . . . . yet.

Jack was scratched due to the flu. No matter though as Culina was strong and the PK held us in the game after Brown and Sherwood put up 3 goals in the first.

Officiating was again a joke as has become the norm.
Toadman

Postby Taychuck on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

After seeing McEneny chewing on the little poop Moore's hand, I couldn't figure out how Moore managed to escape without a roughing call on the play. And, maybe he needs to get some longer gloves so that he isn't getting bit in the future? Or, maybe don't put your hand into the vicinity of someone else's teeth?

That entire game was poorly officiated both ways so it's not surprising that this was screwed up too.

Speaking of Moore, the 2 times I've seen him this year makes me want him on my team. Talented and an edge for a smaller guy. If he grows anymore he'll be a force.
Taychuck

Return to RangersRush Interactive