2015 WCSF • Sault Ste. Marie (1) vs. STORM (4) • THREAD

A forum for fans of the OHL's 2004 Champion Guelph Storm. All are welcome to participate. Gameday previews, and trivia challenges.

Moderators: marcusd777, stormfan, stormtrackerguy

Re: 2015 WCSF • Sault Ste. Marie (1) vs. STORM (4) • THREAD

Postby From the Glass on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Hit the mute if you are watching the games in Sault Ste. Marie - those homer announcers are something else.
From the Glass

Postby Overager on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Watched the game tonight against the Greyhounds and as hard as the Storm tried they simply can't handle the hounds who are,in my opinion,the best team in the league.I mentioned this earlier this year but it was evident again tonight. Does Rogers have any requirement as to the level of competency in the English language of their on air staff?The colour man tonight(on T.V.) when discussing Strome with Erie said,"when HIM and McDavid were together..." How about, "when HE and McDavid were together..."Send this guy back to school to learn basic English.He should be setting a good example.However, maybe they simply don't care.
Overager

Postby From the Glass on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 pm

Definitely outplayed tonight by the Hounds, they are a strong team.
From the Glass

Postby From the Glass on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 pm

What a valiant effort tonight for the Storm. An enjoyable 2014-15 season. Best of luck to those players moving on - you will be missed by your fans. Looking forward to what next season brings. Have a great summer Storm fans.
From the Glass

Postby Living Vicariously on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:24 am

Agreed - tonight's effort was indeed what I think we had all hoped to see in this series, and I'm glad the boys went out in a fight in this last game. I think I now know truly what a hangover after a championship season feels like - you hope and hope for a repeat, while at the same time realizing that it's just so rare in the cycle of junior hockey. After the final stage that involves acceptance, and upon retrospect, it really was a good season with all variables and events considered.

Thank you so much Stormtrackerguy for your relentless efforts over the years, and particularly in this one when this board was most quiet as the evolution of the internet boards occurred. I've checked in here often and didn't post as much as I should have, likely due to shifts to other boards that have now drawn more attention from a commentary perspective. Not sure why that happened - I guess that's just the way the internet tide swings.

So much to look forward to over the next couple of years. Enjoy your summer everyone.
Living Vicariously

Return to The Storm Forum