new manager

A forum for fans of the OHL's 2004 Champion Guelph Storm. All are welcome to participate. Gameday previews, and trivia challenges.

Moderators: marcusd777, stormfan, stormtrackerguy

new manager

Postby Overager on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:08 pm

The Storm sign a new manager and there isn't enough interest in the team to generate a comment from Storm fans.
Overager

Re: new manager

Postby KnightHawk on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:29 am

http://guelphstorm.com/video/storm-intr ... head-coach

Yeah....for some reason, the posts on this board have come to a grinding halt. Why that is....your guess is as good as mine.

Oh...and while I'm here:

Congrats to George Burnett! :)

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby Overager on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 pm

knighthawk- There have been few posts all year on the Guelph board. I'm guessing that interest in the team has declined significantly.
Overager

Postby KnightHawk on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:26 pm

There have been few posts all year on the Guelph board.

The majority of those posts have been made by who?

Me.

Second most?

You. [wink]

I'm guessing that interest in the team has declined significantly.

I don't know about THAT, exactly. Message boards of this kind are of a dying breed.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby Overager on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:20 pm

The few games i attended in Guelph this year I noticed that the majority of the seats were occupied by children, obviously at a reduced rate. This indicated that adults were not interested in purchasing those seats. If i remember correctly, reduced attendance was the major reason Joe Hollady (sp) left Guelph years ago. Is the same thing happening?
Overager

Postby Overager on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Lack of fan interest has led to the exit of the Guelph Royals baseball team. Regardless of the announced attendance at Guelph Storm games it was obvious to those in attendance that those announced figures were inflated and a significant number of those in attendance were children who were there with their parents who were taking advantage of "give aways" or promotions where prices were substantially reduced.Is fan interest in Storm hockey at a precarious level?
Overager

Postby CHL Watcher on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

These type of boards are competing with various social media. There is bound to be a profound drop off. You can see it on every board.

There are few cities that will support well during low spots. Prolonged lows kill franchises. Guelph will probably be fine when they compete a little better in the midwest. The midwest is too strong for any but the hardiest of fans and the most savvy management and coaches.

Guelph isn't known for having a resilient fanbase. They will compete this season....but there's no way they'll win it all. Let's see how things go attendance wise.

Floating a team requires about 2500-3000 fans in regular attendance (depending on ticket prices, revenue sharing, and costs).....or has this figure changed? Regardless, I'm sure Guelph has enough BITS to get by.
CHL Watcher

Return to The Storm Forum