Game #7 London @ Erie Tues. Apr. 18th. 7:00pm.

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Game #7 London @ Erie Tues. Apr. 18th. 7:00pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Well the Knights liked Playing a Game 7 in Round One so Much they thought they would Do it Again in Round Two. :P

So they Head to Erie to try & Finish off the Otters on Tuesday Night @ the Tullio Arena.

Thoughts Gang on the London/Erie Matchup for All the Marbles?
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: Game #7 London @ Erie Tues. Apr. 18th. 7:00pm.

Postby kjh on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:04 pm

The Knights go into this game as underdogs, but all of the pressure will be on the Otters. Since they finished ahead of London, and in doing so, completed a record 4 seasons in a row with 50 wins or more. Unfortunately, they have not a single championship to show for it, and their fans will not take any loss well. This is their last chance, and they're painfully aware of that fact. Parsons has lodged himself into their collective heads, and they are all too well aware that he can single-handedly steal a game...and they've all seen him do just that.

They'll be the ones squeezing their sticks more tightly, and playing nervous. That's when they become seceptable to making crucial mistakes. Playoff pressure can do that, and they really do not have that experience, as do the Knights. If the Knights can manage to score early, and play with a lead, their own fans could very well turn on them, and that'll make life even more difficult. However it goes, I've been entertained this season, and am OK whatever the result.

I KNOW that Otter fans can't say the same ! 8)
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Could U Imagine if this Whole Knights Team Shows up tomorrow Night & wants to Contribute into Winning Game 7 in Erie...the Otters won't Know what Hit em.

Think about it for a Second,this Knights Team with Basically just Max Jones,Mitchell Stephens,Robert Thomas,Janne Kuokkanen & Tyler Parsons Between the
Pipes Have Got this London Knights Team to a Game 7 in Erie PA...Also must Give Credit to our D who Have tried to Pickup the Slack with alot of the other
Forwards on this Team Missing in Action During this Playoff Run.

Erie Has Dominated a Good Portion of this Series Because the Knights Haven't Given it there All...Does this whole Team Raise there Level of Play on Tuesday
Night in Erie or will it Be just the same Players trying to Win this Series & Move onto the next Round?

Go Knights Go!!!!
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 am

Its Game Day...Go Knights Go!!!
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

Green Hornet wrote:Could U Imagine if this Whole Knights Team Shows up tomorrow Night & wants to Contribute into Winning Game 7 in Erie...the Otters won't Know what Hit em.

Think about it for a Second,this Knights Team with Basically just Max Jones,Mitchell Stephens,Robert Thomas,Janne Kuokkanen & Tyler Parsons Between the
Pipes Have Got this London Knights Team to a Game 7 in Erie PA...Also must Give Credit to our D who Have tried to Pickup the Slack with alot of the other

Erie Has Dominated a Good Portion of this Series Because the Knights Haven't Given it there All...Does this whole Team Raise there Level of Play on Tuesday
Night in Erie or will it Be just the same Players trying to Win this Series & Move onto the next Round?

Go Knights Go!!!!

There's 2 or so lines worth of forwards that have probably a couple of gears left. I am convinced that Pu is hurt, but guys like Piccinich, Militic, and Formenton have a ton more to give. Can't wait till game time. I hope that it's not over early either way honestly. Would sure take the intensity out of it if one team went up by 4 by the end of the first. That said, i cant say i'd be too disappointed if London managed to do so.

I really do believe that London has a deeper roster than Erie does and just have not been able to show it. Erie has the best line in the CHL, that's pretty clear at this point. After that, they have some guys here and there. Foegele has been great for them, Lodnia is no slouch, Cirelli is excellent. I think there's a bit of a drop off after that though. All said, the top two lines for each team is close to being a wash IMO, then you get down to the 3rd and 4th lines and London's i feel is just better, while it might be by the slimmest of margins i do feel lie the depth advantage overall goes to London. They just have yet to show it.
jfacowns

Postby Pitou on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 am

Green Hornet wrote:Could U Imagine if this Whole Knights Team Shows up tomorrow Night & wants to Contribute into Winning Game 7 in Erie...the Otters won't Know what Hit em.

Go Knights Go!!!!

I am baffled at your constant "if the whole team shows up" comments. Do you honestly think that effort level is the only thing keeping the Knights from being heads and tails above the top team in the league. Yep, everyone on every team is trying their hearts out except half the Knights team. Seriously, listen to yourself for a minute. Your observations are subjective at best and give zero credence to the other teams, coverage, speed, checking, players playing injured, tired etc. So many factors beyond effort.

After 68 games and 13 playoff games, the Knights (and all other teams), are who they are. You don't rate a team by dissecting its individual parts and counting drafted players. I watch more OHL games than NHL games. I don't know everything for sure but I have a bit of a handle on these playoffs beyond my own team. Personally, I've not witnessed a bunch of Knights players loafing around with half effort. You're looking through an unrealistic lens or glass half empty IMO. Yes things do not not always click as imagined. Erie's speed is challenging and can make any team look lacklustre. Do you really think Dale is passively allowing "passengers" for 13 games thus far in the playoffs? Seriously?

The Knights are going into game 7 against the top team in the OHL. Kudos to them. Yet in your mind they are holding back a gear that should allow them to suddenly "make Erie not know what hit them". Miles above them all? Jeesh. Enjoy game #7.
Pitou

Postby attackisback on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am

well said.
attackisback

Postby jfacowns on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 am

Pitou wrote:
I am baffled at your constant "if the whole team shows up" comments. Do you honestly think that effort level is the only thing keeping the Knights from being heads and tails above the top team in the league. Yep, everyone on every team is trying their hearts out except half the Knights team. Seriously, listen to yourself for a minute. Your observations are subjective at best and give zero credence to the other teams, coverage, speed, checking, players playing injured, tired etc. So many factors beyond effort.

After 68 games and 13 playoff games, the Knights (and all other teams), are who they are. You don't rate a team by dissecting its individual parts and counting drafted players. I watch more OHL games than NHL games. I don't know everything for sure but I have a bit of a handle on these playoffs beyond my own team. Personally, I've not witnessed a bunch of Knights players loafing around with half effort. You're looking through an unrealistic lens or glass half empty IMO. Yes things do not not always click as imagined. Erie's speed is challenging and can make any team look lacklustre. Do you really think Dale is passively allowing "passengers" for 13 games thus far in the playoffs? Seriously?

The Knights are going into game 7 against the top team in the OHL. Kudos to them. Yet in your mind they are holding back a gear that should allow them to suddenly "make Erie not know what hit them". Miles above them all? Jeesh. Enjoy game #7.

The evidence for the whole team not showing up is fairly substantial, look at any box score for this series, or any playoff game so far actually. There's an awful lot of regular season productive guys whose names are ominously missing from those box scores. GH and I have both touched on those names. It's kind of hard to say the whole team has showed up when factually, that's just flat out wrong.

As for your comment about giving other teams zero credence, I don't think that's true at all either. London was and probably still is the underdog in this series. And if they do manage to scrape out a W tonight, they'll probably be in the same boat against OS given how well that team has played since January 1. Erie is a great team, OS is a great team. I don't think this has anything to do with not giving credit to the opponent. It has more to do with players on this team not being able to, in some instances, even come close to their regular season production.
jfacowns

Postby Pitou on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 am

Fair enough jfacowns. I don't intend to come off as an expert on the Knights but playoffs are a different ball of wax, where seasonal producers get extra attention and unsung heroes emerge. More focus on line match ups. Who is Claude Lemieux except in playoffs? Where does Ovie disappear to in playoffs? Not a career playoff OT goal for him. Effort? That assertion is not fair to the players. Players have off games and some are hurt and some struggle more with the increased physical play and playoff schedule demands. They are 16-20 year old humans. I find it hard to believe any player would intentionally coast or mail it in at this point in the season, or that any coach or team mate would allow it.

The Knights are playing a tough team and for the most part succeeding as much as Erie at this point. I never predicated a Game #7. I thought Erie in 5 or 6. I would be proud, not disappointed.
Pitou

Postby kjh on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:34 am

What I'm seeing is Dale Hunter shortening his bench to the degree that most of the ice time is going to the top 2 lines and basically 4 d-men. That's why the secondary scoring isn't showing. He has chosen to ride his vets to the point of exhaustion, and that fatigue factor also contributes toward a lack of production. Not many players can perform well if they're ridden that hard, without all that much secondary support. Eventually those horses drop, and produce no more.

While the players with previous experience are getting the bulk of shifts, one has to question just how much value the younger players are getting in terms of experience ? It's been extremely limited, at best. Foudy, Formenton, Tymkin, Moskol, are those guys who've contributed during the regular season, but are now collecting slivers on the bench. Those guys have to start getting some time, if only to give the vets some much-needed relief.

Players who aren't getting the ice time can not be expected to appear on the scoresheet with any regularity.
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby Otto on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Pitou wrote:

Go Knights Go!!!!

It's the feeling of entitlement that is possessed by some Knights fans. "Oh.. he's an NHL draft pick.. so he's got to be among the best" It doesn't matter that many players drafted never play a shift in the NHL... and many players not drafted end up playing in the NHL.

Erie is the better team.. the regular season standings showed that, as well as Erie's record vs. London this year... but now all of a sudden the expectation is there that the Knights must win, and if they don't then they are a bunch of quitters and it's a big disappointment.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:28 pm

I Stand By My Comments... The same thing was stated in the Freeps Before this series Began, to many Passengers on this Playoff Run... And even still this team is One win away from moving on to the next Round and I think if more of the Players Can Contribute l think we can win this Game tonight.
Last edited by Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Hornet

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Good First Period for the Knights...London 3 Erie 2.
Green Hornet

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Knights 3 Otters 2 after Two.
Green Hornet

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:31 pm

After 3 Periods...Knights 4 Otters 4...Bring on Overtime!
Green Hornet

Next

Return to London Knights Forum