Game #7 London @ Erie Tues. Apr. 18th. 7:00pm.

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Re: Game #7 London @ Erie Tues. Apr. 18th. 7:00pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Final Score:Erie 5 London 4.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby KnightHawk on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

To take the #1 team in the OHL (not to mention they are the #2 in the NATION) to a 7th game AND take it to OT?

PHENOMENAL!

Thank you for a GREAT season! :)

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby dae a miracle on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

I have NO PROBLEM going out like that. OT in game 7 against a team like that... Left it all out there on the ice.

Otters deserved this game.

Damn proud of this team. Great season boys, thank you.

Parsons has now officially entered Pat Riggin godlike status in my humble opinion.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby kjh on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:13 pm

In these playoffs, the Knights played the hearts out and overachieved. I can honestly say that I'm not disappointed with their performance. I would have preferred seeing some of the younger players get a bit more ice time than they did, but their turn will come, as they're responsibilities increase.

Next season, perhaps we will do better. Have a great summer fellow Knights fans! :mrgreen:
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby jfacowns on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 am

dae a miracle wrote:I have NO PROBLEM going out like that. OT in game 7 against a team like that... Left it all out there on the ice.

Otters deserved this game.

Damn proud of this team. Great season boys, thank you.

Parsons has now officially entered Pat Riggin godlike status in my humble opinion.

Agreed 100%. You can't ask your goalie to stop 65 shots in game, let alone a high pressure game 7 in a loud away barn.

Only issue i have is with the otters fans, just slightly classless. I counted 3 throat slashes yesterday, 1 "suck it" gesture, and a big old sign that read "we hate london". Just a little much IMO. I feel for the knights fans who made the trek yesterday, i doubt they were treated too well. And because of this, I'm pulling for OS! but that was probably true prior to otters fans sinking to the low their currently at.

Bottom line, the right two teams are probably in the conference finals and the winner will almost certainly cake walk their way to the cup.
jfacowns

Postby attackisback on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

nothing wrong with a good "we hate london sign", you guys not know every single other city in the OHL dislikes the london knights by now??
attackisback

Postby jfacowns on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 am

attackisback wrote:nothing wrong with a good "we hate london sign", you guys not know every single other city in the OHL dislikes the london knights by now??

That's not really my problem, I'm okay with that really. You just don't see that in the OHL a ton. I didn't much care for the throat slashes from the guy holding the sign, or the other guy who did it twice. Just seems kind of classless to me, i have not seen that in other OHL cities, perhaps I'm not looking hard enough? I was spit on in Barrie in Game 6 in 2013 which, needless to say, i did not much care for. Aside from that i haven't seen too much of that kind of stuff around the OHL in person or over the broadcast.
jfacowns

Postby Pitou on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 am

jfacowns wrote:
attackisback wrote:nothing wrong with a good "we hate london sign", you guys not know every single other city in the OHL dislikes the london knights by now??

That's not really my problem, I'm okay with that really. You just don't see that in the OHL a ton. I didn't much care for the throat slashes from the guy holding the sign, or the other guy who did it twice. Just seems kind of classless to me, i have not seen that in other OHL cities, perhaps I'm not looking hard enough? I was spit on in Barrie in Game 6 in 2013 which, needless to say, i did not much care for. Aside from that i haven't seen too much of that kind of stuff around the OHL in person or over the broadcast.

Unfortunately there are always a few classless clowns in every rink. Some more bold a prevalent than others. Thankfully most OHL fans are just passionate, dedicated fans that display nothing more than some good natured ribbing and rivalry blood. I prefer to focus on that, rather than a few jack@sses who take it beyond good taste. Congrats to the Knights for a great season and thanks for the entertaining games and rivalry along the way. Some good fun for $25
Pitou

Postby Otto on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am

Pitou wrote:
jfacowns wrote:

Unfortunately there are always a few classless clowns in every rink. Some more bold a prevalent than others. Thankfully most OHL fans are just passionate, dedicated fans that display nothing more than some good natured ribbing and rivalry blood. I prefer to focus on that, rather than a few jack@sses who take it beyond good taste. Congrats to the Knights for a great season and thanks for the entertaining games and rivalry along the way. Some good fun for $25

I agree with this statement, however Erie fans took it to a new level... This wasn't just a few jack-holes, this was the majority of the people in attendance. It doesn't bode well for Erie tourism .. basically they are saying that they would rather not have our region of 400k people visit, that's the way it was presented on TV.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby dae a miracle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Yes I agree, it does promote a warm and welcoming feeling doesn't it? Makes you want to take your family for a long weekend. 8)

Of course we won't mention the two 8 year olds at the Sunday game in London with the "Erie Sucks" sign lit up all over our video board. Not quite as threatening I suppose... :roll:

I for one will make a point of welcoming the opposition fans to London and have a quick couple of minutes chat about their team. Just seems the right thing to do. But I expect some outlandish behaviour whenever I enter the opponents barn.

I've been spit on in Guelph and Kitchener, had a beer thrown at me in St. Kits, but the worst I have endured was getting my car keyed in Windsor.

Lot's of fans visiting London go home with a story or two.
Last edited by dae a miracle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dae a miracle

Postby Otto on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:14 pm

dae a miracle wrote:Yes I agree, it does promote a warm and welcoming feeling doesn't it? Makes you want to take your family for a long weekend. 8)

Of course we won't mention the two 8 year olds at the Sunday game in London with the "Erie Sucks" sign lit up all over our video board. Not quite as threatening I suppose... :roll:

It just goes to prove that the Otters fans have the mentality of an 8 year old :lol:
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby Pitou on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:36 pm

dae a miracle wrote:Yes I agree, it does promote a warm and welcoming feeling doesn't it? Makes you want to take your family for a long weekend. 8)

I for one will make a point of welcoming the opposition fans to London and have a quick couple of minutes chat about their team. Just seems the right thing to do. But I expect some outlandish behaviour whenever I enter the opponents barn.

I've been spit on in Guelph and Kitchener, had a beer thrown at me in St. Kits, but the worst I have endured was getting my car keyed in Windsor.

We're at bit more subtle in Owen Sound. When you're at the game, we're at your house. I'd check your toothbrush closely when you get home. :P
Pitou

Postby dae a miracle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Pitou wrote:

We're at bit more subtle in Owen Sound. When you're at the game, we're at your house. I'd check your toothbrush closely when you get home. :P

Well at least do a load of laundry for me would ya? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dae a miracle

Postby CHL Watcher on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Anyone who says Erie had a few bad apples didn't watch that game.

I could not believe what I was seeing.

My wife and I, both.

I cannot believe the league is okay with this?

Those T-shirts.....are you kidding me?

The chants...
Really?

The throat slashing.

Is this normal behavior at family oriented sporting events in PA?

I'm with London and their fans on this one.

I might hate the Knights...but I don't reeeally hate them....and the fans and city have always been great to me.

I think the league should be taking somebody for a sit down.
CHL Watcher

Postby Otto on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Thank you Watcher
Otto

PreviousNext

Return to London Knights Forum