Increased security at the JLC

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Increased security at the JLC

Postby dae a miracle on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 am

Per the LFP website...

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/08/29/budweiser-gardens-spectators-advised-to-arrive-early-after-scanners-installed

Well that's just great! The plate in my head will set that thing off every time....
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Re: Increased security at the JLC

Postby KnightHawk on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:14 pm

When I went to pick up my season ticket, they also handed me a 5X7 card, which explained the new security system, and what is allowed and not allowed.

To be quite honest, I'm not surprised by this. I'm just surprised that this wasn't instituted last year or even the year before.

I'm thinking about the Strathroy incident about a year ago.
Let's just say -- I don't want to get into too much detail without breaking any rules with regards to posting on this forum -- particularly about posting rumours.

I like to get there a half hour before game time anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem (for me).
All I will have to put in the dish is my keys. I don't have a need to carry any loose change anymore.

EDIT : I lied. I will also have to put my iPod (when I bring it), my inhaler, any cards to get autographed and Sharpies into the dish.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby fansince65 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:08 am

I set of the alarm last night when I went through , the pins in my back will do that every time , they let me in without any problem ..
fansince65

Postby KnightHawk on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:58 am

fansince65 wrote:I set of the alarm last night when I went through , the pins in my back will do that every time , they let me in without any problem ..

Perfect. Too bad I didn't get to see you.

In the meantime, I emptied out EVERYTHING in my pockets - my wallet included (which I put in my back pocket), and put it in the dish.

When I was outside, there was a staff member who was telling those entering to take keys, cell phones and loose change out to be ready to put in a dish.

I did ask if this applied to iPods as well.
He said it did.
I figured as much, but thought I would ask just to be sure.

Not a problem. :)

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Return to London Knights Forum