Windsor @ London...Fri. Sept. 22nd. 7:30pm.

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Windsor @ London...Fri. Sept. 22nd. 7:30pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 am

The Start of the Regular Season this Friday Night @ the Bud Cashbox when the Spitfires Pay a Visit to the House of Green!

Thoughts Gang on the Matchup with Windsor to Begin the Season???
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: Windsor @ London...Fri. Sept. 22nd. 7:30pm.

Postby dae a miracle on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am

Looking forward to the start of another season, although it wouldn't bother me if we were playing another team for the season opener. It takes weeks to get the smell out of the building whenever the Septic Tank visits the Bud.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby Green Hornet on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 am

Hell Yeah...The Season Opener Tonite @ the Bud Cashbox!!!

Go Knights Go!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby KnightHawk on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:41 pm

5-2 Windsor final.

Aaron Luchuk, Cole Purboo, Igor Larionov, Chris Playfair and Tyler Angle score for the Spitfires.
Adrian Carbonara and Josh Nelson reply for the Knights.

For the first Windsor goal, it was initially announced that Michael DiPietro got the first assist on the goal. I was thinking....THAT'S something you don't hear everyday - the goalie getting the first assist.
It was later changed to Luke Boka getting the assist. Instead of #64 getting the goal, it was #61. THAT makes more sense. ;)

Richard Whittaker had a great game...even though it didn't show on the score sheet.
Brother Liam got an assist on the first London goal. Liam getting a point before Richard. I didn't think I'd see that.
I'll put that as $1 into my side bets.

Now, it's off to Saginaw for tomorrow night and an afternoon tilt in the Soo. First opening weekend I have seen the Knights do 3 in 2 1/2. Well...first time I can remember them doing that, anyway.

EDIT : How many import players does Windsor have, anyway? I saw Kozhevnikov, Kutkevicius, Baier, Larionov and Starikov. :P

I kid. The first and last players are the only import players.

I knew Kutkevicius wasn't because he played for Mississauga and Hamilton.

Baier sounds like an import, but he's actually from Stratford.

Larionov....I figured he would qualify as an American since he is the son of former Red Wing Igor Larionov.
He does. He was born on this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

KnightHawk
Last edited by KnightHawk on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby kjh on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:31 am

Did anyone else notice the graphics on the Spits team bus ? They still feature their back-to-back
Memorial Cup wins....absolutely no reference to last season's Cup win. I guess that they're not all that proud of that one, given the circumstances under which it was won. :twisted: :P
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby KnightHawk on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

kjh wrote:Did anyone else notice the graphics on the Spits team bus ? They still feature their back-to-back
Memorial Cup wins....absolutely no reference to last season's Cup win. I guess that they're not all that proud of that one, given the circumstances under which it was won. :twisted: :P

Honestly, I DID notice that. Walking on the way to the rink, I saw the bus, and it said Memorial Cup Champions 2009 - 2010, but no mention of 2017.

You had ALL SUMMER to do it! :P

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Return to London Knights Forum