2017-18 Perry Pledge....

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

2017-18 Perry Pledge....

Postby KnightHawk on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:11 pm

I know I am probably the only one who still does this. However, I do enjoy doing this as it allows me to keep up with the two junior teams I follow the most. Mind you, I haven't followed the Drummondville Voltigeurs as much now as I have in the past.

Just as an aside, the back story to this is that there was a bet between a Guelph Storm fan (stormfan) and a Knights fan (Otto), saying that Adam Perry would/would not score 25 goals in the season.

He did. And, it evolved into quite a few posters donating various amounts of money for every goal Adam Perry scored.

Hence, the Perry Pledge.

Here is mine for the 2017-18 season:

For the Knights, for home games, I will donate $1 for every point they get.
For away games, I will donate $2 for every point they get.
If they win any of the games via the 's-word', I will double that game's total.

I did it like this because in the past, I had gone by win/loss. I didn't like that I couldn't donate if the Knights lost. So, if the game goes to at least OT or a shootout, I can still donate.
Hey....IT'S MY PLEDGE - I'LL DO IT HOW I WANT! :P

For the Voltigeurs, I will donate $1 for every win (home or away) with the exception of games against Shawinigan, Victoriaville and Saint John.
For games against Shawinigan (rival, but not really fierce rival), I will donate $2 for every win.
For games against Victoriaville (FIERCE rival) and Saint John (QMJHL Champs), I will donate $5 for every win.

Something new this year:

Side bets.

Quirky little things that will add to the excitement.

For instance:

I made the declaration that Nicolas Mattinen will score in his first game back in London. I did say I have $5 saying he will.
Well....if he does, I'll donate the $5 anyway in a salute to his goal.

It's a win-win.

Let the games begin! :D

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Return to London Knights Forum