London & Windsor..Thur Oct 12th & Fri Oct 13th 7:05 & 7:30pm

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

London & Windsor..Thur Oct 12th & Fri Oct 13th 7:05 & 7:30pm

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:11 am

Well after another Pair of Losses the Knights are off till Thursday when they Head to Windsor to take on the Spits to start
a Home & Home Series this Coming Weekend.

Thoughts Gang on the Two Games Against the Spitfires?
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: London & Windsor..Thur Oct 12th & Fri Oct 13th 7:05 & 7:30pm

Postby kjh on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:54 pm

If I had the geek saavy to hack into the video board at the WFCU centre, I'd put this tune up on their scoreboard, just as they were raising their 2017 Memorial Cup banner to the rafters :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRjQDrDnY8

:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby Green Hornet on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:26 am

The Spits Beat London 3 to 1 in Windsor last Night...Hopefully the Knights can Get there 2nd Win of the Season @ the Bud Cashbox Tonite.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 am

Man, this is looking pretty grim. Off to the worst start in the Hunter Era i believe? Correct me if im wrong on that. The year we had Pat Maroon was probably up there too. If my memory is correct, London could not score without him being involved somehow.

Back to this year... Yikes. Goaltending is not solid enough to pick them up when they only score one or two goals and it seems that even 2 goals is a tall order for this group somehow. That PP still looks pretty lethal, on paper anyhow. Yet they can't manage to do much at all.

The one piece of good news i saw was from a Ryan Pyette tweet stating that because Sherwood was sent back to Flint, London gets back a conditional 2nd rounder as was stipulated in his trade. So, with that, and with the (now questionable) moving of Mattinen, at least the cupboards are fairly restocked after trading a ton of picks last year for Stephens & MVS. If this goes on much longer, this team might want to consider going full restock and moving some guys you know wont be back. It may simply just be time. This is one hell of a hole they've dug out for themselves. Jones, Pu, Militic are all in their last year here, no questions about that. Thomas IMO is probably gone after this year.If Formenton is not already gone, it sure seems like this will be his last year in Junior if he gets sent back at any point. That's pretty daunting. Might want to sell the farm and hope you can slot in at #8 to keep that playoff streak alive. Sure would be nice to get a top-end talent at the draft picking in the top 7-8 as opposed to picking bottom 4. Food for thought.
jfacowns

Postby fansince65 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 am

jfacowns wrote:Man, this is looking pretty grim. Off to the worst start in the Hunter Era i believe? Correct me if im wrong on that. The year we had Pat Maroon was probably up there too. If my memory is correct, London could not score without him being involved somehow.

Back to this year... Yikes. Goaltending is not solid enough to pick them up when they only score one or two goals and it seems that even 2 goals is a tall order for this group somehow. That PP still looks pretty lethal, on paper anyhow. Yet they can't manage to do much at all.

The one piece of good news i saw was from a Ryan Pyette tweet stating that because Sherwood was sent back to Flint, London gets back a conditional 2nd rounder as was stipulated in his trade. So, with that, and with the (now questionable) moving of Mattinen, at least the cupboards are fairly restocked after trading a ton of picks last year for Stephens & MVS. If this goes on much longer, this team might want to consider going full restock and moving some guys you know wont be back. It may simply just be time. This is one hell of a hole they've dug out for themselves. Jones, Pu, Militic are all in their last year here, no questions about that. Thomas IMO is probably gone after this year.If Formenton is not already gone, it sure seems like this will be his last year in Junior if he gets sent back at any point. That's pretty daunting. Might want to sell the farm and hope you can slot in at #8 to keep that playoff streak alive. Sure would be nice to get a top-end talent at the draft picking in the top 7-8 as opposed to picking bottom 4. Food for thought.

I agree , Jones , Militic , and PU will not be back , and Thomas will be gone as well plus the three OA players , that's 7 we know are gone for shore , it's time to restock , I think if they trade Thomas to a Memorial cup contender this season they will get a ton in return for him , in my opinion no team wants to be saddled with Jones if they have a chance of advancing to the Memorial cup , trade him to a team in the East if anyone wants him , but I don't think any team wants a loose cannon like him ..
fansince65

Postby KnightHawk on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:39 am

2-1 Windsor final.

Cliff Pu scores for our Knights.
Aaron Luchuk and Chris Playfair score for the Spitfires. Both goals come short-handed.

Michael DiPietro makes 38 saves in the win.

Okay. This game is definitely something to build on. One thing is for sure:

We have to STOP looking for the pretty play. Too much passing. Shooting was on point last night - we just ran into a hot goaltender.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Return to London Knights Forum