Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:01 am

So the Knights are still looking for there 1st Win at Home this Season...Some How I Don't think it will Be on Sunday Afternoon when the
Attack Pay a Visit to the Bud Cashbox.

Thoughts on the Game Gang?

Tyler Johnson Between the Pipes on Sunday?
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet
 
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:12 am
Location: London

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby attackisback on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 am

OS soaked Oshawa for 12 last night. Is there any left in the tank for today?

Suzuki now leads league in points as expected.

London last place. Life is good
attackisback
 
Posts: 1517
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:15 am

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby KnightHawk on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 am

I was about to say....we may be in trouble for this one. The Attack put up a 12-spot on Oshawa last night.

Big guns will have to show up for this one.

Oh....and don't worry about London being in last place. In 2007-08, we had a similar start, and we were still able to put up a 40 win season -- good enough to get home ice in the first round of playoffs.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby kjh on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:49 am

This game will be very telling as to which players have any measure of pride in that jersey that they wear. I can take a loss where players are giving their best, but are beaten by a better team. What I find distasteful is just lyinig down with absolutely no push-back, or attempt to compete. It will reveal character....which players have it, and which ones don't. Doesn't matter if the player is a rookie, or a veteran, there has to be that effort....even if it's in a losing cause.
Owen Sound are reaping the benefits of that Mete trade, and while he was a treat to watch in London, it's beginning to look like the Attack may have come out ahead, due to Victor's premature graduation.
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:54 am
Location: London, Ont.

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Overager on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow! This should go down in the history books. The mothers actually gave one of the three stars to a member of the visiting team.
Overager
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby KnightHawk on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 am

Wow! This should go down in the history books. The mothers actually gave one of the three stars to a member of the visiting team.


Yet...in the game on Friday, where it was a one-goal game, ALL THREE stars were awarded to Windsor players.

Where were you on that one?

Yeah....I thought so.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Pitou on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 pm

KnightHawk wrote:
Wow! This should go down in the history books. The mothers actually gave one of the three stars to a member of the visiting team.


Yet...in the game on Friday, where it was a one-goal game, ALL THREE stars were awarded to Windsor players.

Where were you on that one?

Yeah....I thought so.

KnightHawk

Just leave him to the repetitive low-hanging fruit that he can grasp. The Knights always seem to be able to give Owen Sound fits no matter how the odds may initially seem.
Pitou
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:15 pm

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Overager on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Has the league stepped in and told the Knights to stop making a joke of the three star selections ?
Overager
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Overager on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:34 am

To elaborate. For years it has been next to impossible for a member of the opposing team to be mentioned in the three star selections at London's home games. It doesn't matter if the knights win or lose, or the goal spread, the home team at London games ,usually get all three stars. If London wins 5-1 I can understand all three stars going to London players. However, when London loses it is not unusual for London players to be named for all three stars.This usually not the case in other rinks. I believe fans of other teams recognize this gross favouritism and probably would like to see it rectified. Please don't say that "it doesn't matter" because I have heard others talk about the situation. Is the London franchise successful? By all means.
Overager
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby KnightHawk on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Pitou wrote:Just leave him to the repetitive low-hanging fruit that he can grasp. The Knights always seem to be able to give Owen Sound fits no matter how the odds may initially seem.


I'm sorry - I will not feed the troll.

I agree with you about Owen Sound, too. I was happy with the end result -- even though it didn't come out in our favour.

It was a good game. :)

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Overager on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:34 pm

The truth certainly hurts you homers!
Overager
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby kjh on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Overager wrote:The truth certainly hurts you homers!


Try REALLY HARD to imagine how little we care. :mrgreen:
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:54 am
Location: London, Ont.

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby KnightHawk on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am

kjh wrote:
Overager wrote:The truth certainly hurts you homers!


Try REALLY HARD to imagine how little we care. :mrgreen:


Or, we don't care at all. Take your pick. :P

Again, if the three star selection bothers you, I'd REALLY hate to see the stuff that REALLY boils your potatoes.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby Overager on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

It must mean a lot to the London hockey team because their actions indicate that they really have a difficult time recognising the contributions of any visiting player.That, my friend, says it all.It's not about me . It's whoever selects the three stars at London home games.You should get in touch with them and point out the farce.
Overager
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Owen Sound @ London Sun. Oct 15th. 2:00pm.

Postby kjh on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Overager wrote:It must mean a lot to the London hockey team because their actions indicate that they really have a difficult time recognising the contributions of any visiting player.That, my friend, says it all.It's not about me . It's whoever selects the three stars at London home games.You should get in touch with them and point out the farce.


Why in hell should we "get in touch" with anyone ? We're not the one(s) upset. It is not an issue with us....can you understand that ? If it is so upsetting, I'd suggest that you IGNORE the post game 3-star announcement. That way, you won't know, and thus have NO REASON to become obsessed with how things are done in London. This has become like a campaign toward being "politically correct", but it's not an issue worthy of consideration. This is YOUR personal issue PERIOD. London's team, players & fans aren't the ones objecting....you are , but nobody is listening.

PS: You've exhausted this topic on this forum, so I won't bother to reply to any further posts on this subject. If I wish to hear from an a$$hole, I'll just fart.
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:54 am
Location: London, Ont.

Next

Return to London Knights Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron