Joseph Raaymakers to London!!!

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Joseph Raaymakers to London!!!

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Heard a Rumor at the Game today that the Knights Have Traded for Greyhounds Goalie Joseph Raaymakers???

Anyone Hearing any Details about a Possible Trade w/the Soo???
Last edited by Green Hornet on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: Joseph Raaymakers to London???

Postby Nabru on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Rumor on the other board is Raaymakers for Carbonara, Johnson, & two 2nd round picks.
Nabru

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Nabru wrote:Rumor on the other board is Raaymakers for Carbonara, Johnson, & two 2nd round picks.

Thanks for the Info Nabru.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 am

Hate to see AC Go...thought He Gave the Team some Much Needed Grit...Wish they Had of Traded Rollo instead.
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 am

Not really too fond of this if true. Don't mind that they're giving up Carbonara, I like his game for the most part but he's expendable. Opens up a spot for Rowe who needs to get his feet wet in this league. What i dont like is a team who is dead last in the OHL 10 games in parting with 2 2nds. Don't like that at all.
jfacowns

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 am

Heard one of the 2nds is Conditional if Raaymakers is with the Knights next Season.
Green Hornet

Postby KnightHawk on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 am

I was actually going to post this as a trade idea. I mean...he's sitting at home right now. Why not make a push for him?

He seems to love playing against us. How about playing FOR us? :P

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby jfacowns on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am

Green Hornet wrote:Heard one of the 2nds is Conditional if Raaymakers is with the Knights next Season.

I suppose that's okay then. Just kind of hard to understand the reasoning behind this. The problem IMO is the goals for, not goals against. Nearly every goal against i saw this weekend was entirely the fault of the d men on the ice. I don't think i can blame goaltending for a single one.
jfacowns

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 am

jfacowns wrote:
Green Hornet wrote:Heard one of the 2nds is Conditional if Raaymakers is with the Knights next Season.

I suppose that's okay then. Just kind of hard to understand the reasoning behind this. The problem IMO is the goals for, not goals against. Nearly every goal against i saw this weekend was entirely the fault of the d men on the ice. I don't think i can blame goaltending for a single one.

Still think we will see One more Vet Dman Added to the Roster... But I am still trying to wrap My Head Around why Rob Simpson traded for Rollo?
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 am

Rollo trade makes absolutely no sense to me. Hopefully there is some grand master plan that no one, including myself, is putting together at the moment.
jfacowns

Postby Nabru on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 am

Rollo helps the PK and has some versatility being able to play center as well.

I like Carbonara and feel he has enough skill to play a 3RW position on a contender (like the Soo). But maybe London feels he's redundant with other, younger bangers like Tymkin and Turko. Maybe they think Tymkin can develop like Carbonara did when comparing their ages.

Subtracting Carbonara also means one less guy taking 2 or 3 minor penalties a game.

Statistically, I don't see much of an upgrade from Kooy/Johnson to Raaymakers, but the Knights must be looking at different things if the rumored package is reality.
Nabru

Postby STS44 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Anything official on this trade?
STS44

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:55 am

STS44 wrote:Anything official on this trade?

Have Not seen Anything Official on this Trade Yet.
Green Hornet

Postby dae a miracle on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:05 pm

It's official but not as reported.

we send Johnson, 2 2nds and a conditional 4th to The Soo.

We keep Carbonara.

Not sure this is an upgrade or not but lessens the OA dilemma. We still need to drop or trade one of them and I don't see Collins going anywhere..
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby KnightHawk on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Defence gets a little bit better. With the addition of Formenton, that should inject some offensive power back into the lineup.

Raaymakers has had 2 tryouts with NHL clubs (NY Rangers, Tampa Bay). I'm confident in his abilities.

We still have 4 OAs, mind you (Rollo, Carbonara, Miletic, Collins).

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Next

Return to London Knights Forum