London @ Kitchener Tues. Nov. 14th. 7:00pm.

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

London @ Kitchener Tues. Nov. 14th. 7:00pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:59 am

After Another Lopsided Victory over the Firebirds the Knights are off till Tuesday when they take on the Rangers @ the Aud.

Kitchener are 11-6-1-0 on the Season & they are 6-4-0-0 in Last 10 Games.

Thoughts Gang on the Matchup Between the Knights & Rangers???
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: London @ Kitchener Tues. Nov. 14th. 7:00pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Its Game Day...Knights & Rangers at the Aud...A Big Game to start the Week with the Knights Playing 4 Games
this Week Against Kitchener,Guelph,Saginaw & Windsor.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm

I Guess we can Call this Game,the Revenge of Kole Sherwood.
Green Hornet

Postby Toadman on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am

GH -> ...the Revenge of Kole Sherwood

Indeed, Kole was the difference and definitely fired up for that game.
Toadman

Postby KnightHawk on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 am

Toadman wrote:Indeed, Kole was the difference and definitely fired up for that game.

Agreed. Seems to be the way when a player plays against his former team. Almost like a HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?!' moment. :P

One thing I HAVE to mention:

The professionalism of the PBP and colour commentators....or lack thereof.

One incident was when Cliff Pu took a cross-check. The colour commentator actually laughed at the penalty, citing Pu went down a little too easily.
Then, they aired the replay of the incident. He immediately changed his tune, citing that it was a particularly hard cross-check.

I said to my Dad, "Can we have the old guys back?". Later, I said, "Can we have Roger Wardell back?" I explained that Wardell was a BIG homer, but not as big a homer as the current guys are.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on November 19th) = $61.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

KnightHawk wrote:
Toadman wrote:Indeed, Kole was the difference and definitely fired up for that game.

Agreed. Seems to be the way when a player plays against his former team. Almost like a HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?!' moment. :P

One thing I HAVE to mention:

The professionalism of the PBP and colour commentators....or lack thereof.

One incident was when Cliff Pu took a cross-check. The colour commentator actually laughed at the penalty, citing Pu went down a little too easily.
Then, they aired the replay of the incident. He immediately changed his tune, citing that it was a particularly hard cross-check.

I said to my Dad, "Can we have the old guys back?". Later, I said, "Can we have Roger Wardell back?" I explained that Wardell was a BIG homer, but not as big a homer as the current guys are.

KnightHawk

Trust us, we are not happy with the new set of commentators. These guys are a massive step back from Doyle. But money is money when it comes to Rogers.
We're not a hockey town...we're a Ranger town!!!
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Postby Overager on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Felt that London is the stronger team but liked seeing them lose.I hope the London fans noticed that a London player got one of the three stars, something that very seldom happens in London where the Knights almost always get all three stars,regardless of the score. If Mete returns and they pick up a stronger goaltender London will become a contender.
Overager

Postby KnightHawk on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Overager wrote:Felt that London is the stronger team but liked seeing them lose.

Thanks. I'm surprised I didn't get a "HA-HA" at work today.

I hope the London fans noticed that a London player got one of the three stars, something that very seldom happens in London where the Knights almost always get all three stars,regardless of the score.

Noted. :)

If Mete returns and they pick up a stronger goaltender London will become a contender.

Not holding much hope that Mete returns. Then again, his ice time has decreased. So...you never know.
I think Raaymakers is the goalie. If he hadn't been, the brass wouldn't have gone out and got him.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
KnightHawk

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:46 am

Knighthawk-In Raaymakers three previous seasons his save percentage was under .900 ,which is not above average.
Overager

Postby dae a miracle on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 am

Overager wrote:Felt that London is the stronger team but liked seeing them lose.

Well of course you did, you wouldn't be much of a fan of your team if you didn't enjoy beating the Knights.

Overager wrote:I hope the London fans noticed that a London player got one of the three stars, something that very seldom happens in London where the Knights almost always get all three stars,regardless of the score.

Farwell, is that you??? Perhaps someone in London noticed but the vast majority really don't care.

Overager wrote:If Mete returns and they pick up a stronger goaltender London will become a contender.

Mete might be back but nobody is holding their breathe. Also, goaltending isn't the issue. A young porous defense is...

Sherwood was a beast. Good on him, always liked that kid when he played in London.

One more thing, it was nice to finally see Richardson actually play net instead of mimicking a salad strainer.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 am

Miracle- You should have said,"the vast majority really don't care as long as the Knights get all three stars."
Overager

Postby dae a miracle on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 pm

No, you care, to a fault. But we really don't. It's childish to continue harping on about the star selections, but you won't stop.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby KnightHawk on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Overager wrote:Knighthawk-In Raaymakers three previous seasons his save percentage was under .900 ,which is not above average.

As a part of the whole, I agree.

Having said that, in the few starts he had with the Soo, he always seemed to put on a clinic. He loves playing against us. How about FOR us? :P

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $40.00
Voltigeurs = $15.00
Side Bets = $6.00
KnightHawk

Return to London Knights Forum