Pu/Jones to Kingston,Thomas to Hamilton & Miletic to Niagara

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Pu/Jones to Kingston,Thomas to Hamilton & Miletic to Niagara

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 pm

So with December Fast Approaching & the team Digging themselves out of a Huge Hole from the Beginning of Year to now Having a Record
of 12-11-2-0 on the Season will the Knights Be Buyers or Sellers Come the Trade Deadline?

The Team Has Solid Goaltending since Acquiring Joseph Raaymakers from the Soo...We Have a Decent Core of Forwards & if the Rumors
are True that the Habs are Going to Return Mete to the Team that Gives us a Big Upgrade on the Defense.

And if the other Rumor is True that Brady Tkachuk is Going to Leave BU to Come Play for the Knights that would make the Team Even
Better.

Add a Player or Two @ the Deadline Could our Knights Be a Team to Be Reckoned w/in the Playoffs this Spring?

Thoughts Guys on the London Knights Roster Moving Forward???
Last edited by Green Hornet on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: The Knights...Buyers or Sellers this Season?

Postby dae a miracle on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am

I land solidly in the wait and see territory. While a fun exercise, conjecture does me no good. At the outset of the season I thought we had a good team, but wouldn't be a real contender, so if the stars align for us, it's all bonus.

I thought we would be sellers, and was fine with that. Now, I'm not so sure. We shall see.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 am

I think if Mete Returns the Knights will Be Buyers Before the Deadline.

I am Curious, How many Players you think we will Be losing to the World Jr's in December?
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby dae a miracle on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:59 am

4 Possibles... Jones , Pu, Thomas, Formenton

I don`t think any of them are a lock.
dae a miracle

Postby attackisback on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:48 pm

is anyone really going to challenge soo or sarnia?
attackisback

Postby KnightHawk on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm

attackisback wrote:is anyone really going to challenge soo or sarnia?

Soo? On the right night, I think they can be had.

Sarnia? They have cooled off after their red-hot start. They can be had, too.

dae a miracle wrote:I don`t think any of them are a lock.

Agreed.

As for what will happen with the Knights, I'll stick by what I was thinking to start the season.

I think they will have a slight sell-off at the trade deadline. This was even WITH Victor Mete in the lineup.

Of course, this will cause a lot of fairweather fans to be outraged, citing "Why did we trade (such and such) a player?"

Reality is....at the end of the season, we don't get ANYTHING for him.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $92.00
Voltigeurs = $44.00
Side Bets = $11.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on January 19th) = $147.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby Green Hornet on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Hopefully we Don't Lose more then 2 Players to the World Jrs in December...and thinking Rob Simpson will Add Two Players to
the Roster if Mete Returns.
Green Hornet

Postby STS44 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 pm

If by some chance Mete does come back
that would definetly help. Tkachuck is the
real deal but would be a 1/2 season and
done rental basically. Pack coming back to
Knights so anything can happen.
STS44

Postby Green Hornet on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Thinking if things Play out Right & the Knights Keep Improving they Might Be able to Get the 2nd Seed to start the Playoffs.
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:39 pm

I think you have to sell. The outlook for next year does not look good unless we add some younger guys. Pu/Thomas/Jones/Formenton are probably all gone. If Mete comes back by some miracle, he'll obv. be gone after this year as will Tkachuk if he reports in all likelihood. Militec/Collins/Rollo all graduate. Raaymakers could also be gone.

Look at who we have left.. that's pretty grim. I dont think anyone knows what we have in Rowe because the playing time hasnt been there. Foudy.. im personally not sure either. He shows flashes but consistency has not been there. Tierney taught me a lesson so i'll refrain from calling either a bust.

If Mete comes back, that's a real nice haul. I'd want players instead of picks personally but that's just me. I'd keep all of the above until the deadline, use them as long as you can, and move anyone i can get fair return for.
jfacowns

Postby kjh on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Sell!!! However, the best deals will be the ones done earlier, rather than later. This season sees Windsor & Erie both in the situation that they pretty much HAVE TO sell, and both have some assets that contenders will find attractive. Every deal that the Knights make, will lessen the chances of the Spits or Otters recouping those draft picks they really want. The Windsor cupboard in particular is barren, so if they don't secure deals this season, they'll lose most of their assets without anything to show for it. For every draft pick they don't acquire, means they'll be that much more handicapped in securing future talents, and will push back any re-build plans into the distant future.

By simply completing deals, the Knights will make it that much harder for 2 opponents to consumate theirs. Every team has a limited supply of players/picks that they're comfortable making available for deals. That pile lessens every time a deal is made, and has the effect of driving downward the value of those later deals. The Early Bird will get the worm, and those who show up late may find the pickings to be very slim, indeed.
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby KnightHawk on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 pm

On November 28th, KnightHawk wrote:Soo? On the right night, I think they can be had.

I would like to retract that statement. Soo are now on a 15 game winning streak.

Mind you, Sarnia had a similar win streak earlier in the season. However, here we are. ;)

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $92.00
Voltigeurs = $44.00
Side Bets = $11.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on January 19th) = $147.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby dae a miracle on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Mete has been offered up to Team Canada World Juniors.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/mete---team-canada-selection-camp/c-293897554

Let the mind games begin. 8)
dae a miracle

Postby jfacowns on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

dae a miracle wrote:Mete has been offered up to Team Canada World Juniors.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/mete---team-canada-selection-camp/c-293897554

Let the mind games begin. 8)

Still have to sell IMO even if he's back. This team could be really bad next year if all those who are expected to move on actually do move on. The return on Mete alone, found money at this point if he does come back, would be substantial.

Does anyone know where I can find a recently updated listing of OHL draft picks? They've popped up and gone away two or three times by my count and to my knowledge, none of them are working or available anymore. Would like to know what london has in the cupboard
jfacowns

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:30 pm

If Mete Returns after the World Jr's the Knights will Go for it & Yes they are Going to Be one Bad Hockey team next Season.
Green Hornet

Next

Return to London Knights Forum