Pu/Jones to Kingston,Thomas to Hamilton & Miletic to Niagara

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

Re: The Knights..Buyers or Sellers this Season?...Pu to Kingston

Postby STS44 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:26 pm

On WJC telecast they were saying Mete would
be sent back to junior so he could play in
the Olympics. Get what you can for him now
STS44

Postby KnightHawk on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:42 pm

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/mete ... -294723916

MONTREAL - Victor Mete will return to the Canadiens on Friday, January 12 and participate in the team's practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.

Late this afternoon, general manager Marc Bergevin notified the 19-year-old defenseman that he'd be rejoining the club.

Dang it.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $109.00
Voltigeurs = $53.00
Side Bets = $11.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on February 17th) = $173.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby Green Hornet on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 pm

KnightHawk wrote:https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/mete---canadiens/c-294723916

MONTREAL - Victor Mete will return to the Canadiens on Friday, January 12 and participate in the team's practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.

Late this afternoon, general manager Marc Bergevin notified the 19-year-old defenseman that he'd be rejoining the club.

Dang it.

KnightHawk

One Clueless Hockey Team in Montreal.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby KnightHawk on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 pm

One Clueless Hockey Team in Montreal.

Agreed - they are in shambles right now.

I dread saying that because they are my favourite team in the NHL. I WILL stick by them thru thick and thin. Right now...is about as thin as one can get.

With Mete being returned, he can now not play for Canada at the Olympics (from what I understand).

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $109.00
Voltigeurs = $53.00
Side Bets = $11.00
KnightHawk

Postby dae a miracle on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:17 am

Well that answers the question "are we going for it". Lets see whats left in the cupboards of teams who are buying.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm

So Max Jones to Kingston for Sergey Popov & 2 Draft Picks...After looking at the Kingston Roster Sergey was the Logical Player to Come
Back in a Trade with the Fronts.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby KnightHawk on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Well that answers the question "are we going for it". Lets see whats left in the cupboards of teams who are buying.

I don't know if the Soo indirectly made that decision for us. With them acquiring Jordan Sambrook and Taylor Raddysh, that trade made a good team that much better.

So Max Jones to Kingston for Sergey Popov & 2 Draft Picks...After looking at the Kingston Roster Sergey was the Logical Player to Come
Back in a Trade with the Fronts.

Agreed. Of course, I'm sad to see Jonesie go, but it was a good trade.

As well, something amusing (if I may):

In the deal that brought Sean Day and Gabe Vilardi to Kingston, there was a conditional pick going to Windsor for....2028!

That's right - TEN YEARS from now.

Put this in perspective:

This would be the draft class before my nephew. I calculated it, and he would be eligible for the OHL draft in 2029.

He'll be FIVE in February. So, that draft pick traded is for a hockey player who is currently six years old.

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $109.00
Voltigeurs = $53.00
Side Bets = $11.00
KnightHawk

Re: The Knights...Sellers this Season...Pu & Jones to Kingston

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 pm

So is Robbie Thomas the next Player to Be Traded Before the Deadline this Week or are the Knights Done w/there Small Fire Sale?
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:01 pm

I don't have access to anyone or anything that others on here don't, but there's a whole ton of chatter about the Thomas deal already being done, to Hamilton. In return it's Connor McMichael (11th overall in 2017) and picks. Apparently Hamilton is also interested in Raaymekrs might sweeten the return. It really sounds to me that London is simply keeping him out of the lineup as a precaution and protecting an asset at this point. If Raaymakers goes to Hamiton with Thomas, that's gonna be one big return.

Now that the blinders are off and everyone knows which direction this team is heading in, I'm absolutely shocked to not hear a thing about Forementon and Militic. Not a peep. These guys need to be moved if were in firesale mode.

2 good trades so far. Sad to see both those guys go and i'm pulling for them big time. Kingston has really brought in a ton of talent. Jones is one of my favorite Knights of all time but when it's time, it's time.
jfacowns

Postby Green Hornet on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:10 pm

I am starting to wonder if Robbie will waive His NTC if He will Endup Getting Traded to the Greyhounds...Looking at the Hamilton Roster other then McMicheal I Don't see
much on there Roster that would Be a Good Fit in London,thinking its Going to take at least 2 Players & a Boatload of Draft Picks to make a Trade Happen & not sure if
the Bulldogs Got Enough to make it Happen...Also I think the Knights will want to Hold onto Both Raaymakers & Kooy for a Hopefully a Lengthy Playoff Run.

I am thinking would the Greyhounds part with Forward Barrett Hayton & Dman Jacob Leguerrier + Picks for Robbie Thomas.
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Done deal now. McMichael & a 2nd for Thomas.

3 conditional 2nds and 1 conditional 3rd
jfacowns

Postby dae a miracle on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Wow, we should have at least got McMichael and 2 2nds or 3rds, then some conditionals.

Considering the returns Windsor got for what I consider one player(Villardi) and a pylon, you'd think we could have swept up more from trading away Pu, Jones and Thomas.
Awwww crap! I should have chosen the blue pill...
dae a miracle

Postby jfacowns on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:02 pm

dae a miracle wrote:Wow, we should have at least got McMichael and 2 2nds or 3rds, then some conditionals.

Considering the returns Windsor got for what I consider one player(Villardi) and a pylon, you'd think we could have swept up more from trading away Pu, Jones and Thomas.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Thought we would be stocked to the rim with picks for the next 5 years. Not the case.

There better be more to come. Raaymakers, Forementon & Militec should not finish the year here. Absolute waste to keep any of them
jfacowns

Postby jfacowns on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Is anyone aware of where i can find a list of picks per team?
jfacowns

Postby STS44 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Anyone aware of why so many conditional
picks for Thomas? Seems to be odd those
picks are conditional yet other deals with
a like star caliber player have
all been non conditional .
STS44

PreviousNext

Return to London Knights Forum