London @ Barrie...Thurs. Jan. 4th. 7:30pm.

London Knights 2005 Memorial Cup Champions, and OHL Champions. Holders of the best record(59-7-2-0) and worst record (3-60-3) in OHL history!!! Welcome all!

Moderator: OHLArenaGuide

London @ Barrie...Thurs. Jan. 4th. 7:30pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm

After Winning the Home & Home Series with the Sting the Knights are off till Thursday w/they Hit the Road to take on the Colts @ the
Molson Centre.

Barrie are 23-10-2-1 on the Season,they are on a 6 Game Winning Streak & they are 8-2-0-0 in there Last 10 Games.

Leading the Way in Points for the Colts is Aaron Luchuk w/59 on the Season.

Thoughts Gang on the Barrie/London Matchup this Thursday Night?
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Re: London @ Barrie...Thurs. Jan. 4th. 7:30pm.

Postby Green Hornet on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 pm

The Knights Keep Rollin'on w/a 5 to 3 Win over the Colts this Evening...Another Great Game Between the Pipes for Jordan Kooy.
Knightmare:"I would Be Pleased to see Mark back Behind the Bench,even if it is just to Kick Dale in the A$$!"
Green Hornet

Postby jfacowns on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 am

Fantastic effort, great win. Kooy was outstanding, 3 wins in a row now and he's earned them all. Good on him. Maybe this helps him see a start or two down the road once Raaymakers is healthy again. The way he's going right now, this isnt a guy who should see one start every 23 games or whatever it was.

This team keeps losing pieces and getting better. Jones, Thomas, and Formenton all left and they went to work. Raaymakers got hurt, didnt stop them. Now no Pu last night, again, played a great game for the most part. The product that we currently have on the ice with all these guys gone is, to me, definitely lacking skill. What they lack in skill though they certainly make up for in hard work, sound positional play, shot blocking, etc.

8-1-0-1 in their last 10 makes them the 2nd hottest team in the OHL. Remarkable with the talent they have left to dress.
jfacowns

Postby KnightHawk on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:26 am

As GH mentioned:

5-3 London final!

Alec Regula, Shane Collins, Cole Tymkin, Richard Whittaker and Sam Miletic score for our Knights. Regula, Miletic and Liam Foudy all add/contribute 2 assists apiece in the win.
Jordan Kooy was PHENOMENAL in net, stopping 40 of 43 shots.

Andrei Svechnikov, TJ Fergus and Jaden Peca reply for the Colts.

I agree - great effort all around.
Of the 3 goals, one could not fault Kooy on any of them. Defence hung him out to try on the Svechnikov goal, and Fergus' goal was scored 5-on-3. A team HAS to score when they are 5-on-3.

Now, it's up highway 400 (formerly highway 69) for a tilt with the Sudbury Wolves.

EDIT : One thing I forgot to mention:

Good to see some things don't change. Penalty kill was brought to us by Mike The Mattress Guy.
In last year's game, the Colts took so many penalties, Mike got his money's worth.

With their first penalty kill, the announcement came, "Barrie Colts penalty kill brought to you by Mike The Mattress Guy". To which I shout out:

THANKS, MIKE!

:P

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $82.00
Voltigeurs = $40.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on January 5th) = $128.00
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Return to London Knights Forum