Does Erie Have any Fans?

Please Welcome Jrahockey's fifth forum, and the last Midwest Division team represented the Erie Otters and their fans.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, ErieMike

Does Erie Have any Fans?

Postby guelphguy101 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:42 am

I dont mean to post this to insult anyone but come on people no one posts on this forum or even checks it out. Not only that but your attandence is always low I mean why dont we move the Otters out of Erie and put them in another location because no one in Erie seems to care!
guelphguy101

Re: Does Erie Have any Fans?

Postby Otto on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 am

Erie was 10th in average attendance last season.

If you want to move Erie then you'll need to move Sarnia, Kingston, Barrie, Belleville, Peterborough, Niagara, Owen Sound, Brampton, Mississauga & Plymouth
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby stormfan on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 am

I wouldn't be too concerned about people checking out your post guelphguy. You've got three of the four fourms in discussion over it.

Talking lack of attendance in other cities is a rather slippery slope coming from a Storm fan. We are probably still know around the league as the team that disguises fans as empty seats.
No brag, just fact.
stormfan

Postby guelphguy101 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:35 am

Agreed and no I do not want to move Erie I think they are crutial in the league attracting american born tallent I would never move anyone of the 3 teams in the States out unless absolutely necessary. I am just meaning are there any fans on here that actually come online and discuss I am trying to here from the American fans what there thoughts are but so far I only here from yourself another Guelph fan lol and yes very agreed with Guelphs attendance but that may have something to do with those blond headed bimbo's running the marketing in "Storm City" there isnt a single lady in that front office with marketing experience and it clearly shows with there rediculous promotions or lack there off. And you cant sell the Storm when there is a terrible product on the ice on top of the fact that tickets are one of the highest prices in the league forget paying 19 dollars for a ticket to watch that crap is what alot of fans will say the prices should be lowered and then they may actually start to fill the Sleeman center until then it will remain empty. But like I said I am hoping to here some thoughts about attendance and moving teams from our American counter parts.
guelphguy101

Postby Rebuild Ranger on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:36 am

Otto wrote:Erie was 10th in average attendance last season.

If you want to move Erie then you'll need to move Sarnia, Kingston, Barrie, Belleville, Peterborough, Niagara, Owen Sound, Brampton, Mississauga & Plymouth

Hey Otto,

The Otters being 10th in league attendance may be accurate but last night's attendance was announced as 2775. That number must have been the PAID attendance.

There weren't more than 275 fans at that game last night. Question: Is it worse to only have 275 fans show up, OR have 2500 PAY to see a game and decide to watch the monster truck pull on cable instead. There must be at least 2000 season ticket holders who were no shows. Those fans also missed some of the top American junior hockey players in the world who also happen to play for the Rangers. There are American players who live less than two hours away in places like Upstate NY etc. who refuse to play for Erie. Those players opt to play college or more increasingly play for superior OHL franchises like Kitchener,London,Plymouth etc. Plymouth fan support sucks too but the team is managed well and always seems to ice a competitive team.

There are MANY more deserving Ontario cities who will support a team. An Erie team works from a divisional alignment standpoint purely based on geography. Western PA knows everything about producing quarterbacks for the NFL but have almost no love or knowledge of hockey. BTW guelphguy101 the elite American players don't want any part of Erie or they would report there. A Canadian kid will show and play in an OHL town like Erie because it is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream.Do you really think Jeremy Morin would report to Erie or Saginaw? No, he would go play at Michigan or BC assuming the Otters wouldn't trade his rights. The redneck sitting outside the visitor penalty box challenging every 16 year old visiting player to a fight says it all. He has about as much class as the elbow Cook gave Dodero at the end of last night's Rangers,Erie game. That cheapshot has already been reviewed by Branch no doubt and a suspension will be pending.
Rebuild Ranger

Postby Otto on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:50 pm

If you want to talk about idiot fans you can make that claim about every arena, even Kitchener.

Who exactly has said they would not report to Erie?
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby PeterJMoss on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:33 pm

There's a reason Taylor Hall went 2nd in his draft year....

EDIT: Just realized how old this is.... Erik Gudbranson also wouldn't report to Erie last year...
PeterJMoss

Postby guelphguy101 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Agreed completely Erie is a terrible place for the OHL however I would say that there are a few teams in Ontario that don't deserve to be were they are Brampton, Mississauga, hell even Sarnia at times is one hell of a dead arena I think the problem might be that the OHL teams are lacking in the marketing department I know for a fact in Guelph its a bunch of skirts who have zero knowledge on how to run a big show and a hockey club.
guelphguy101

Postby Otto on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:48 am

You're right, they should pull the Storm out of Guelph

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby OffIceman on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:31 am

PeterJMoss wrote:There's a reason Taylor Hall went 2nd in his draft year....

Maybe Erie wouldn't (or couldn't) provide the "educational package" that Hall was looking for.

EDIT: Just realized how old this is.... Erik Gudbranson also wouldn't report to Erie last year...

As far as Gudbranson goes, the story is is that he preferred to stay in an area with a bilingual education program (mostly found in the eastern Ontario region). Dunno, that's just the story that was told down here.
None yet
OffIceman

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 am

there is more interest in Erie at the outlet malls.

And they've got a great all -you -can -eat buffet.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Return to Erie Otters Forum