Any Followers on here at all...

Please Welcome Jrahockey's fifth forum, and the last Midwest Division team represented the Erie Otters and their fans.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, ErieMike

Any Followers on here at all...

Postby fromaway on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 am

No activity on this board at all since the summer....do we have ANY Otters fans out there looking to chat??
fromaway
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:10 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Rangers_Fan_All-the-way on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am

if only there was a way to make the public down there aware of this forum. The last post from someone from Erie was Oct 22/09.
Rangers_Fan_All-the-way
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:01 am

I came looking for a post or two from last nights Otter's /Attack game.

But the place was empty. The saloon doors creaking as they swing on rusty hinges... :shock:

a tumbleweed rolling by on a dusty computer screen..... :oops:

not a busty barmaid in sight, sliding glasses of whisky down the bar to testosterone fueled hockey fans... :cry:

Not a single stirrup-heeled cowpoke swinging from a chandalier, ready for a punch-up :twisted:

I go over and punch the buttons on the jukebox , but all that will play is a haunting version of Pink Floyd's 'Hello,,,,,,hello,, ,,,hello, is there anybody out there ? ' . :roll:

I wait awhile for William Shatner to jump out from behind a stryofoam rock , phasor in hand , set to stun, but alas, not a Star Trek episode in sight.

Proof positive that a hot dog eating contest will draw more interest in Erie than an Ontario Hockey League team... and it will not be long before the Otters have loaded up the U-haul trailer and moved to Waterloo... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Otto on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 pm

And yet the Otters are out drawing the Attack this season

And not just this season .. EVERY season!
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:07 am

Otto :

I should have seen you lurking in the cobwebs with the Andorians.

Notwithstanding the fact the Erie arena has more seats than OS-as does every other building in the CHL I think it is safe to say OHL hockey in OS draws more interest than it does in Erie. Funny the only two discussing this is you and me-not an Otter in sight.

The Attack has increased their Attendance this season by the largest percentage increase in the league.

Now let me get back to my Romulen ale.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Otto on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:19 pm

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Otto :

I should have seen you lurking in the cobwebs with the Andorians.

Notwithstanding the fact the Erie arena has more seats than OS-as does every other building in the CHL I think it is safe to say OHL hockey in OS draws more interest than it does in Erie. Funny the only two discussing this is you and me-not an Otter in sight.


Why are there an average of 1000 empty seats in Owen Sound for every game? Also, just becuase no one posts here doesn't mean they do not have fans, since they are out drawing the Attack

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:The Attack has increased their Attendance this season by the largest percentage increase in the league.


No, that would be Mississauga

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Now let me get back to my Romulen ale.


In your parents basement no doubt
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Otto asks:

Why are there an average of 1000 empty seats in Owen Sound for every game?

Get your facts straight- dead wrong..




In your parents basement no doubt[/quote]

Maybe forty years ago..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Rangers_Fan_All-the-way on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

There appears to be be a few Otters fans on the NOOF. Someone should make a post on the NOOF pointing out this site. I site where Otter fans can discuss their teams hockey without a bunch of Windsor fans bashing them in almost every thread. You do still get some trollers in these forums but it is very limited and considered nothing compared to the NOOF. Sometimes I won't even read on, on that site as the trolling and utter bias can get down right ridiculous.

A note on the thread. Just cause no one writes on a forum that is not know about does not mean they do not have fans. They outdraw Owen Sound every game. Attendance is not an issue with them, I think that topic should be put to rest.
Rangers_Fan_All-the-way
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Otto on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 pm

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Otto asks:

Why are there an average of 1000 empty seats in Owen Sound for every game?

Get your facts straight- dead wrong..


You're right, there are not 1000 empty seats. Since the seating capacity is 2983, however capacity is 3500. So 400 empty seats and 1000 unsold tickets
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Otto wrote:
hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Otto asks:

Why are there an average of 1000 empty seats in Owen Sound for every game?

Get your facts straight- dead wrong..


You're right, there are not 1000 empty seats. Since the seating capacity is 2983, however capacity is 3500. So 400 empty seats and 1000 unsold tickets


Just think Otto, about the time you posted this the Attack was selling out every home game.

Then they won the league Championship.

Funny how things turn out .
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Otto on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:01 am

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:
Otto wrote:
hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Otto asks:

Why are there an average of 1000 empty seats in Owen Sound for every game?

Get your facts straight- dead wrong..


You're right, there are not 1000 empty seats. Since the seating capacity is 2983, however capacity is 3500. So 400 empty seats and 1000 unsold tickets


Just think Otto, about the time you posted this the Attack was selling out every home game.

Then they won the league Championship.

Funny how things turn out .


You think it's funny that a winning team is selling out every game?
Why do you think they are not selling out every game this season?

And the Otters, with only 2 wins on the season are drawing more than the Attack.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:23 pm

glad you brought that up Otto.

Wrong again pal.

The Attack are averaging 2489 per home game this season.

The Otters 2338. In a much larger building.

Funny, St Mikes....... winning season....... crowds ? Explain ..



Carry on.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Otto on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 am

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:glad you brought that up Otto.

Wrong again pal.

The Attack are averaging 2489 per home game this season.

The Otters 2338. In a much larger building.


In order to be wrong again, I would have to be wrong a first time.

But regardless of that:

http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/leagueatt.cgi

Otters 2,730
Attack 2,635

Doesn't matter if the building is larger or not, fact remains, the Attack ARE NOT selling out and the Otters are outselling them despite having only 2 wins on the season

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Funny, St Mikes....... winning season....... crowds ? Explain ..


Simple, there's more to do in Mississauga and Brampton than just OHL hockey, so the fans don't care. What else is there to do in Owen Sound. Once the sun goes down that's pretty much it for the day.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Otto,
the Otters attendance may well be slightly more than the Attack, but it is a known fact they wallpaper the rink with freebees. You and I both know that.

touche'

As far as stuff going on in Owen Sound , if you ever took time to check it out, there's more to do than you think.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Any Followers on here at all...

Postby Otto on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:20 pm

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:Otto,
the Otters attendance may well be slightly more than the Attack, but it is a known fact they wallpaper the rink with freebees. You and I both know that.


I don't know what that means.

hockeyx3 wrote:As far as stuff going on in Owen Sound , if you ever took time to check it out, there's more to do than you think.


I mean things that normal people like to do
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Next

Return to Erie Otters Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest