Three stars in Erie

Please Welcome Jrahockey's fifth forum, and the last Midwest Division team represented the Erie Otters and their fans.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, ErieMike

Three stars in Erie

Postby Overager on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:10 am

Erie lose the game to the Petes and the three stars all go to Erie. Does the visiting team Ever get a star in Erie?
Overager

Re: Three stars in Erie

Postby Otto on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 am

Overager wrote:Erie lose the game to the Petes and the three stars all go to Erie. Does the visiting team Ever get a star in Erie?

Does it matter?
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby Cyclone Taylor on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 pm

and here's Overager once again getting his panties in knots over trivial stuff concerning another team!
Cyclone Taylor

Postby RangerFanInChina on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Hey, is your starting goalie alright? How come he wasn't dressed last game?
I don't live in China anymore because the Asian Super League was horrible hockey... but the beer was cheap...

I live in Section 11 now.
RangerFanInChina

Postby Overager on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Before making another post I'll check with you to see if it's all right. You are some sort of censor,aren't you? It appears that there are a few posters on Rangers Rush who have been around for so long that they seem to have the misguided impression that they own the forum or,at least, have some sort of exaulted status. Big wheels,no less. However , we know what dogs do to big wheels.
Overager

Postby Lime on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:43 pm

I agree with you, OA. What's the point of doing the three stars if you're not going to even try to base them off of the actual three stars (i.e. best players) of the game? This kind of blatant homerism is disrespectful to a long-standing hockey tradition, and it insults the intelligence of the home fans in attendance.
Lime

Postby Overager on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 pm

The three star selection is a complete joke in Erie and Saginaw. Regardless of the game's outcome or the closeness of the game the three stars almost always go to the home team. Last night Erie lost at home, tonight erie won 2-1,:a close game. The home team got six of the six star selections. Surely there must have been ONE member of the visiting teams who warranted a star! I know that posters will say that it doesn't matter.If that is so then,to avoid this appearance of homerism do away with this tradition. Name a player of the game from either team. Surely some Erie and Saginaw fans get a little bit embarrassed about it.
Overager

Postby stormfan on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 pm

Two Ranger fans and two Knights fans having it out on a forum who's lights went out for Erie fans almost three seasons ago.

Some friendly advice -- they aren't listening around here anymore.

BTW - the Electric Ice Forum is long overdue for a Robin Big Snake update :wink:
stormfan

Postby Overager on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Well Stormfan, please give us an update on Robin. By the way, which three Erie players will be selected as the three stars tonight?
Overager

Postby stormfan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:54 pm

1. Who's Robin Big Snake?

2. I could care less.
stormfan

Postby Cyclone Taylor on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm

stormfan wrote:Two Ranger fans and two Knights fans having it out on a forum who's lights went out for Erie fans almost three seasons ago.

Some friendly advice -- they aren't listening around here anymore.

BTW - the Electric Ice Forum is long overdue for a Robin Big Snake update :wink:

Overager wrote:Well Stormfan, please give us an update on Robin. By the way, which three Erie players will be selected as the three stars tonight?

stormfan wrote:1. Who's Robin Big Snake?

2. I could care less.

Now we have a Ranger fan and a Storm fan having it out!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cyclone Taylor

Postby stormfan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Sea otters have long been hunted for their luxurious pelts. The dense soft fur has been highly coveted for hundreds of years. They were nearly hunted to extinction in the 1800's and 1900's. Sea otters, like other marine mammals, give live birth to few young, thus making population recovery a slow and arduous process (Nowak 2003). Aside from the threat of hunting, sea otters are especially susceptible to oil spills. Unlike other marine mammals, sea otters do not have blubber, thus their watertight fur is responsible for thermo-regulation. Oil spills reduce the otters' capacity to stay warm. Death from hypothermia is extremely common in otter populations immediately after oil spills. Today, little is known about the abundance of sea otters, or the effects of conservation efforts.
stormfan

Postby Overager on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Is Stormfan the one who posts the novel prior to each Guelph home game? I heard he was offered a job with the Guelph Mercury but the paper wasn't long enough to handle his article. Just kidding, Stormfan. I have no objection to your opinions.
Overager

Postby stormfan on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:00 am

Saturday, Mar. 12 - Tullio Arena, Erie PA

1. ER - 12 Andrew Yogan
2. ER - 5 David Shields
3. KIT - 92 Gabriel Landeskog
stormfan

Postby stormtrackerguy on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Overager wrote:Is Stormfan the one who posts the novel prior to each Guelph home game? I heard he was offered a job with the Guelph Mercury but the paper wasn't long enough to handle his article. Just kidding, Stormfan. I have no objection to your opinions.

Please get your facts straight, Overager - firstly, it is not stormfan - and the "novel" that you refer to, is lengthy because it is a comprehensive, gameday preview that draws together info from multiple sources, plus adding unique features, all in one spot for users (who come from many different forums, including many wonderful ones from this one, as well) to access for their gameday pleasure. And, it appears for EVERY Storm game - not just home games. Plus, it is created by someone who is NOT from and does NOT live in or near Guelph, so the attempt at humor in what you "heard" can be rendered somewhat lame. It is overwhelming lauded for its gameday coverage by a great many, except (seemingly) by you here - but you know what they say...YOU can always choose NOT to watch the channel, if you don't like the program. Perhaps you might be better served - and, as a result, respected for it - by expending some of your time/energy in attempting something equally as constructive, instead of dishing negativity like this around.
Twitter: @stormtrackerguy
stormtrackerguy

Next

Return to Erie Otters Forum