Frank Grzeszczak

Please Welcome Jrahockey's fifth forum, and the last Midwest Division team represented the Erie Otters and their fans.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, ErieMike

Frank Grzeszczak

Postby Sportsmaniac on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:27 pm

What's the deal with Frank Grzeszczak...Is he being shopped around?
The World of Junior Hockey
Updated 11/19 NHL Prelim Rankings
Sportsmaniac

Re: Frank Grzeszczak

Postby Put Ludzik In on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:38 pm

From goerie.com on 8/14/08

Grzeszczak talks heat up: Bassin has conducted serious trade talks with some undisclosed clubs about suspended defenseman Frank Grzeszczak. Bassin said he still hopes to finalize a deal before camp begins. Grzeszczak, 18, has been suspended since February for violating team rules.
Put Ludzik In

Postby Put Ludzik In on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 pm

From goerie 8/25/08

Grzeszczak rejoins Otters, suspension lifted

Frank Grzeszczak will battle for an Erie Otters’ roster spot after officials lifted his indefinite suspension late last week. He earned that chance, Sherry Bassin, managing partner/general manager, said Monday.
“He asked us to come back,” said Bassin, who received a few telephone calls from Grzeszczak, a native of Plantation, Fla., in the past week before Bassin and coach Robbie Ftorek chose to extend an invitation.

“I was impressed with how bad he wanted to play,” Bassin said. “It said something about him. … Young kids deserve second chances. But if he wouldn’t have called, he wasn’t coming back.”
Bassin has said Grzeszczak wouldn’t rejoin the club since suspending him in February for multiple violations of team rules. “I’m back and I’ll make the best of it,” Grzeszczak said before playing in the club’s Champions for Education Golf Tournament at Whispering Woods Golf Club on Monday.

“I didn’t think I’d be back,” he said. “But I had always wanted to work things out here and show that I am a good kid on and off the ice and prove some people wrong.”
Bassin said losing veteran defenseman Mitch Gaulton to season-ending elbow surgery didn’t lead to Grzeszczak’s return. But Bassin said, “It gives him a better opportunity to make the team. He’s got an honest chance. He’s certainly got the ability to play in our league.”

Bassin has conducted serious trade talks involving Grzeszczak. A trade remains possible, Bassin said. But for now, Grzeszczak will participate at training camp this week at Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena in Jamestown, N.Y. “He’s under the watchful eye,” Bassin said.
Put Ludzik In

Postby Go Erie Go!!! on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Well he was waived last Thursday by the team.
Go Erie Go!!!

Return to Erie Otters Forum