Playoff predictions

Please Welcome Jrahockey's fifth forum, and the last Midwest Division team represented the Erie Otters and their fans.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, ErieMike

Playoff predictions

Postby rve24 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Erie vs London
Friday night start. eires first playoff game in years. 20 straight losses at JLC. Swept during regular season. And yet Im still nervous. All games close ,hard fought. Worrld class goalie could stteal one or two ganes but I do think Knights roll in 5. Any thoughts. Will Yogan be back?
2011/12. In memory of Ian Jenkins.
rve24

Re: Playoff predictions

Postby fansince65 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 am

rve24 wrote:Erie vs London
Friday night start. eires first playoff game in years. 20 straight losses at JLC. Swept during regular season. And yet Im still nervous. All games close ,hard fought. Worrld class goalie could stteal one or two ganes but I do think Knights roll in 5. Any thoughts. Will Yogan be back?

WOW !! First post since January !!

I was wondering the same thing about Yogan , he should be recovered by now , will he be looking for revenge on Rinaldo ? or does he know it was mostly his fault for turning away from the hit ?
If he just took the hit he would not have been hurt ...

Looking forward to a good hard hitting series , Bring your "A" game Otters and make the Knights work for every inch of ice .

Knights in 6 .....
fansince65

Postby fanoftheotters on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:37 am

I am still not convinced Yogan turned his back on the hit,any how, Erie played well last night except the third when they collapsed like they did all year.I think this could be a very winable series for them if they had the right conditioning. that is one thing i liked about macqueen,he kept his teams conditioned.On a personal side,My season would be complete if they could some how manage to knock the knights out,after that they could flop,i wouldnt care. but being realistic? knights send them packing in 5.
fanoftheotters

Postby Kenny the Rat on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:43 am

What I can't understand is the the Otters have a big tough team and they just don't bang the Knights as much as they should. They should come out hitting everything in site in their next game and do it for sixty minutes. Nothing Kitchener fans love to see more than a Knight's helmut going right up to the rafters :lol: One mistake the teams in the bottom half of the standings makes is that they try to skate with the teams like London when they should be trapping and hitting to slow the game down. Your coach should realize that and ajust. Lets go Otters. Win one for the Gipper!
Kenny the Rat

Postby fansince65 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Kenny the Rat wrote:What I can't understand is the the Otters have a big tough team and they just don't bang the Knights as much as they should. They should come out hitting everything in site in their next game and do it for sixty minutes. Nothing Kitchener fans love to see more than a Knight's helmut going right up to the rafters :lol: One mistake the teams in the bottom half of the standings makes is that they try to skate with the teams like London when they should be trapping and hitting to slow the game down. Your coach should realize that and ajust. Lets go Otters. Win one for the Gipper!

They tried to trap against the Knights last night but the speed and puck handling skill of the Knights just blew it wide open , that's how you break the trap , the dump and chase just doesn't work against the trap you have to carry the puck into the zone , puck retention is the Knights game , any team playing the trap against them is giving them two goals even before the puck drops , the only way to contain the Knights is the way Erie started game one "man on man" coverage , the trap just doesn't work against them ...
fansince65

Postby fanoftheotters on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 pm

I think personally they lost saturday because they were playing retaliation.i look for a win wednesday,seriously. even if its the only one,i think that will be the one. I think its a darn shame what that idiot Rinaldo does out there,if I were Branch I would toss him out of the league.Funny how all those london fans defend him though,saying these guys turn there backs just to draw a penaltie,geez,when the shoe was on the other foot,i.e. lee crushing gagne(sp?) they were all up in arms.Lets just face it,the hunters have the dough to keep the elite players comeing and it kind of just keeps an unfare advantage.London is just another Pittsburgh steelers to me.Remember i said to me,because i hate the steelers equally.I just want erie to spank them once or better yet get them out of the series,lol that would make my whole season.
fanoftheotters

Postby superdee on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 pm

I am just curious what the Erie fans think about the dirty shots some of the Otters took at the Knights. What's wrong with the Steelers Otter Fan? They build from the draft and develop their players and this old London boy has been a Steelers fan since we first got an antenna and could get the Steelers on WICU-12. That was when they went 0-12 and Big Daddy Lipscumbe played there and I think it was the year after they traded Unitas. What are you talking about money when it comes to the Knights? The Hunters run a very good organization here and they have made some great drafts and have taken a few flyers on some kids that have worked pretty well just like Kitchener and Belleville have. Money has nothing to do with it as much as poor drafts and bad trades which have hurt Erie more then anything and it is time to get some new blood there like Windsor did. That is why McQueen left because he was flogging a dead horse and didn't have his back covered. Erie has drafted for at least 5 drafts ahead of the Knights and this is the first year in how many they have made the playoffs. I chatted with a guy last year when I went down to a game and he seemed to be a knowledgeable hockey guy and he thought the same thing. That is a nice ball stadium by the Tulio who plays there is it a pro team??
superdee

Postby fanoftheotters on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 am

I guess its an affiliate of detroit that plays there,erie sea wolves,i dont follow baseball at all,but yes its a very nice stadium.
fanoftheotters

Postby stormtrackerguy on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 pm

Just a quick note from a member of an "enemy camp"........great game and win over the Knights on Wednesday......your Erie team is a bunch of hard-working scrappers that simply make life difficult for any team they play against (I know this all-to-well, personally)......GO OTTERS!!!!

Also, best of luck to #21...a valuable Otter, but will always think of him as one of ours. Keep scoring against the evil kingdom!!!

P.S. Anyone in Otterland happen to know Erie's record in games that he scores in? Being a stat guy, I'd be interested in finding the answer to that wonder....
Twitter: @stormtrackerguy
stormtrackerguy

Return to Erie Otters Forum